Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I was going to skip today....but

Let me just say...I am soooo tired! did not sleep well. No, there is no reason why, just on/off and then up at 1 AM.... and it is a work day! I don't mind when this happens and I am off..... just will have to make do.
I am tatting the icicle pattern but do not have anything to show yet, so...I thought I would share the recent ornament finishes. It is okay because I am not telling where they are going!
First is
The Christmas cactus....Cactus di Natale a freebie that I can not give you the link for because it comes up with an error! How did I get it...well anyway I added beads of course to the lights and under each seed bead is a tiny sequin..... I must try to find more of them! The fabric in the background is what I backed it with...and edged with Ric-Rac. A green pearlized poin hold the loop in place.
Next...
This is from Just Cross Stitch 2007, a Brittercup Design. It sits on the backing fabric. I love this particular edging trim. I changed the color of the beads for the flower center. I used DMC thread as I did for the cactus. The linens are from the linen box...all are 28 ct.
And the last one.. Three pearl pins hold this loop in place.
This is Periwinkle Promises  Twinkling Angel from the " I have no clue". What I mean to say, is that I can not remember the magazine/year so when I locate it I will let you know! It is the same backing as I used above. I did use beads again...surprise! instead of X's. The trim on this one is also a favorite. Once again, I used a pearl pin to hold the loop in place.
I have not decided on my next ornament..... but if this tatted icicle finishes nicely, I may have to make a few of them to send away. I did make a tatted Christmas tree also.
I think I will finish my coffee and read the newspaper....glad you stopped by today....I always enjoy our conversations. You are all treasured friends. Hope your day is wonderful.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Well aren't you a busy, little bee? Good for you! Looks great! =)

cucki said...

Aww cute ornaments..you are a sweet busy bee :)
Big hugs x

Silverlotus said...

Those are wonderful finishes! Way to go.

Shelly said...

Nice finishes Gracie! I really like the cactus though and how you finished it. Very nice!

Julie said...

Lucky people who will be receiving this beauties. They are wonderful, well done.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Goodness! All are beautiful!

Carolyn said...

Grace,
I love the cactus ornament it is stunning.

What beautiful trim on the Brittercup Design finish. You did a wonderful stitching and finishing job.

Another great finish. The twinkling angel is adorable.

Thank you for sharing!

Simply Victoria said...

Ornaments are so nicely done.

Faith... said...

I just love your Christmas cactus!

Natasha said...

I love the way you added the sequins and beads to the lights, very clever! I went serching for that chart and I did happen to find it, now to stitch it :)

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful ornaments, love the beading work you added. We get snow usually for Christmas so it's different to see a decorated cactus - love it!

Cheryll said...

Love the Angel ornies... with the beads... they are as cute as can be!
Never thought of decorating cactus... but why not. Looks great too! :)