Sunday, October 20, 2013

Nothing like the smell of warm cake

Mr H and I took advantage of my having a Saturday off and that he was feeling fine...off we went. First a ride to find a park where an event will be taking place in a few weeks. It took us to the area where the Wigwam Resort is and so of course we had to take a look around. Lovely....Then we headed back to Glendale to see the Hot Rod Show at Westgate Center...forget it. There were no parking spaces anywhere! Well, not true. We could have parked and walked quite a distance. So, off we headed for the Front Porch Festival at Caitlin Courts in Glendale. After going in and out of the shops....one of my favorites has left the area! Last year I was able to get a few Christmas gifts there....a shop owner told me she thinks he is in Mesa but I can not remember the shop name. Then it was time for a lunch break. I love the omelets at IHOP....finally back home where both of us needed to rest. Be right back...
The kitchen timer was beeping....fresh from the oven/ pan...a Vanilla cake. It was time to take it out of the bundt pan...if you could just smell the air around here! Yum! I just want to cut a piece right now.... but I will wait and let it cool a little longer.
Today is Patriots Football and it is a televised game so Mr H will be not moving away from the TV. Except for half time ---we must get our pumpkin patch set up. Okay with me. I plan to put the final finishing on a couple of ornaments and continue with the feather for the Dream Catcher. I am not fond of stitching with 3 strands of DMC; just wanted to let you know.  Thank you all for the lovely comments on my exchange and table topper. You certainly keep my spirits high. Well, guess that is it for now. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Oh, just to let you know. I am going to cut a piece of that cake....just can not wait!

7 comments:

CalamityJr said...

I haven't had breakfast yet, and that cake sounds yummy! Sorry your shop moved; maybe the name will pop into your mind some night around midnight; works that way for me sometimes. Please share a photo (or two :)) of your pumpkin patch.

butterfly said...

I can smell the cake from here, yummy.

butterfly said...

I can smell the cake from here, yummy.

cucki said...

Yummy :)
Enjoy xx

Shelly said...

Sounds like a good day you're having. And I can just smell that cake from here!

Simply Victoria said...

Hope you enjoyed your warm cake!

Julie said...

Nothing nicer than the smell of home baking, hope you enjoyed the cake (and had an extra slice for me!) x