Friday, October 18, 2013

In the sewing room

When I wake  at 3 AM, I must find something to do. I tat, or I cross stitch and sometimes I sew...
I bought this table topper pattern at Jo Ann's and with the help of co-worker and good friend Beckie, picked out some nice Fall fabric. I loved this pumpkin print for a few weeks and was determined to use it somehow. I had the right color Ric-rac in my stash and trimmed the center.I made this so that I can flip it over and...
then I have Christmas. On this side, I did fussy cutting to get the cardinals in the same place on each blade and then with Sulky Gold thread did the machine embroidery stitches along each seam. I really like how it turned out. I was able to fussy cut for the center circle too. This will make a nice pattern to do for all the seasons. It fits nicely on my table.  I would also like to make the table runner that everyone has been making....one of the customers explained it to me so I will give it a try. I am getting used to the new sewing machine and hope to be sewing more.
This is the Halloween Exchange that I sent to Melissa....

She identified it as coming from Marcy on her blog. It was fun to make. I stitched and attached the piece to a black tote bag and filled with some goodies. I added beads...of course...to the spider and some glitzy thread here and there. I will be taking a break from group exchanges for now, and do individual exchanges. Not to sound immature, but I do put lots of thought and time into my projects and I do not think it is unfair to be recognized by the recipient. I always use tracking except of course for  items sent through customs so I am aware when they arrive.
It is an absolutely beautiful morning outside. I do have work today, but then I am off until Tuesday. Plenty of time to keep my hands busy. Thank you for spending time with me....and for the kind words and emails. I value our friendship. Have a good day....

8 comments:

Parsley said...

I have that same pumpkin fabric from Joann's and I love it. Haven't done anything with it yet.

I think Melissa meant you but since she sent to Marcy, she reversed it accidentally. I commented that YOU sent it. Love the cute exchange!

Vickie said...

Glad you have for a while now Gracie! Enjoy!
I am sorry she messed up your name. I would be disappointed too. =(

Vickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cucki said...

Such beautiful work..
Happy weekend time
Hugs x

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I've just been catching up with your recent posts and was sorry to hear about your aunt. Fond memories are a wonderful thing.

Sally said...

Fantastic exchange piece.

Love your table topper.

Heather said...

Love that pumpkin fabric, lots of crafty things going on in the wee hours!

Julie said...

Such a clever table topper, the fabrics are so pretty.