Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Wizard of Oz and Elyssa

Relaxing day yesterday.... did some stitching but was interrupted to run a few errands. We started out for the bead store and the Oriental Market. I did not find the purple seed beads I was looking for but did find the cookies in the Oriental market. Amazing how Mr H and I go to Fry's market for a few items and come out with bags of food that I am sure were not on the list that was left on the kitchen counter. Of course it was Monday night football but first we watched...
Mr H ordered it last week and we just got around to watch it. The snapshot is of my niece Elyssa taken in 1998 when she dressed as Dorothy for Halloween. Do you see the ruby slipper pin? That is one of my favorite pins.... it is from Kirks Folly collection and is no longer made. The ruby Swarovski crystals  and little charms really sparkle. Just love this movie. This is the 75th Anniversary edition and we really enjoyed the extra commentary about the making of the movie and about the cast. All in all,  a pleasant movie time and remembering a little girl who is now 20 years old!
Our temperatures have been delightful...today should be in the mid to high 80's....nice not to have the house air running. Still, I have it on in the car.
I have an itch to try Teneriffe Lace. Now come on, do I really need to add something else to the basket? I guess the answer is yes because I do plan to try it. Have you? I might send for a kit from Gina-B Silkworks. I also just bought the RNS book on Whitework. I really must behave try to refrain from this behavior. The urge to try it all! I do not have enough hours now to do what I do. Some days it feels like a blur. Hard to think it is already mid October.
Time for me to get a few stitches on my feathers in. Today is a work day....thanks for visiting with me....have a great day.

5 comments:

Julie said...

A super film, and as she says 'there's no place like home'

Vickie said...

One of my top three favorite movies. =)

valerie said...

Great movie! I am seeing the Broadway production tomorrow. I hope it lives up to the film! :)

thegreytail said...

I loved the story when I was a kid, one of my all time favourites.
I saw the movie/musical only a couple of years ago and I must say it has such wonderful songs you can't help but loving it too.
hugs and happy xxx,
chiara

cucki said...

Aww very sweet film :)
Hugs x