Sunday, October 27, 2013

Out with a blaze

Sometime I look and see the most amazing sunsets
This is what I saw at 6:20 last evening looking out from our garage.... took my breath away. The sky above the White Tank Mountains.... about 30 miles west of us. Some nights Mr H and I just stand outside and watch as the sun sets....never tire of it.
An icicle in the hot Arizona desert? Yes there is now...
Just finished tatting this.  Measures about 4 inches without the hanging thread. Sorry about the darker snaps...but it is as in the bright picture in color. I see a few more of these in the making and would love to know they are going to someones tree this year. The beads are clear and a little hint of color. I will be trying a few different bead styles. Gee, I guess this will mean a trip to the bead shop....what are the chances of my walking out with only the needed beads? Right, not a chance.
Mr H is getting the cabinets done and they are looking very nice. I will show you when he is finished the before...during and after pictures soon. Then we can move on to my room. Still trying to decide. Now I seem to be thinking the aqua shades...well at least I have eliminated many of the swatches from the wall. So glad to have a couple of days off from work...need the rest and need time to stitch! This Monday is our Sun Stitchers meeting. Looking forward to seeing the ladies.....I usually take a really simple project to do as we spend so much time chatting and wandering around the room, I hate to take something that requires my undivided attention. So, I guess I best go and find something in the stash to do. Thank you for stopping by today...I so enjoy your kind words and emails. Hope you have a wonderful day...I will be visiting with you soon.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Just gorgeous!
The icicle really turned out fantastic.

CalamityJr said...

Beautiful sunset and icicle. Can't wait to see what shades you choose for your room. You're so blessed to have stitchy friends nearby; have a fun time tomorrow!

Shirlee said...

Gorgeous sunset & icicle : )

cucki said...

So sweet..
Sunday hugs x

Heather said...

Very lovely sunset - thanks for sharing and I love the tatting.

Anthea said...

Wow Gracie that is a stunning sunset pic, and the icicle is beautiful, you are so talented and clearly enjoying what you are making x

Ele said...

Stunning!
Love the icicle too :)

Julie said...

Have a fun time with your friends. A beautiful sunset picture.
The finished icicle is really effective.

Dani - tkdchick said...

OMG that sunset is surreal!

thegreytail said...

stunning! that work of nature and the other one your sweet hands accomplished :)
have a wonderful week,
chiara

Jeanne said...

Hi Gracie..I've been meaning to comment on your blog in recent weeks just hadn't gotten the time yet. I'm fairly new to your blog and enjoying looking back at your lovely ornaments and projects. I deduct by your blog posts that you probably live in SCG. I'm in northeast Phoenix near Desert Ridge. I'm a stitcher and quilter. I know a few quilters from SCG whom I met on a quilting retreat and my FIL lives in SCW so I'm out that way frequently. Maybe I'll see you at Joann's by Arrowhead one of these days if that's where you are. :)

SoCal Debbie said...

What an amazing photo! I see pretty sunsets but I could never capture them on camera.