Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Blog Hop

This year Jo from Serendipitous Stitching is hosting our hop....
Just Cross Stitch Halloween magazine 2013--Barbara Swanson for DMC Corp. I did make some thread color changes.

 My letter is A  and after you visit with me be on your way to....http://backonthewallxstitch.blogspot.co.uk/ and collect your next letter.
My day to relax and just stitch left me sometime around 9:30 AM when Mr H and I left for his doctor appointment. First we stopped here then there and there over there...a bite to eat and then a few Christmas gifts and by the time I arrived back to my stitching chair, my hands said forget it and the needle stayed in the basket. Not even the shuttles wanted to tat.
But the mail had arrived...
An early surprise Christmas gift from Annette! The lovely card that she made said that I might want to stitch this before Christmas so that was my go ahead and open it approval and I must say I do approve. I cannot wait to work on this. I love needle-books...I try to keep one with each project and she  made me a nice one! Are you ready for a little story? Of course you are. One day some time back the phone rang and when I said hello the voice introduced herself as Annette.
she took the time to find my number wanted to call...she followed my blog and I hers! She was calling from California...we chatted and I knew she was a friend, we just have not face to face met...yet. Early in the day yesterday I was remembering that call...then the package arrived! Is that not proof of a friendship connection!? For all those with children or those who live in an area with gremlins who will come to call, have a safe and fun evening. For me, it has been a  Trick Treat having you visit. Have a great day.

14 comments:

thegreytail said...

have a spooktacular day Gracie!
happy xxx,
chiara

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness! What a gift from Annette! Fabulous. So very, very cool to talk with each other.

Julie said...

A beautiful parcel from Annette.

Carolyn said...

Love your pumpkin. Who is the designer?

What a lovely gift from Annette and you guys have a great friendship.

Thank you for the letter.

Happy Halloween!

EvalinaMaria said...

Happy Halloween to you too!

Astrids dragon said...

Fun pumpkin and what a nice treat to receive on Halloween!

Astrids dragon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cucki said...

So sweet..
Happy Halloween dear x

Annette-California said...

Happy to hear you like the gifts.
And here you had the letter "A" and you posted about my gift to you. My name starts with "A" - LOL.
Another connection? lol
love Annette

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely! Happy Halloween!

Justine said...

Your pumpkin is so cute! Lovely reading about your blogging friendship. Thanks for the letter!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part. What a lovely early gift from Annette, she really is a great friend to you.
Stitching people are the best!

cheryl said...

Lovely Jack O'Lantern! I found you through the blog hop. Happy Halloween.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Cute stitching, hope you had a wonderful Hallowe'en!