Monday, November 4, 2013

Out for the day and was Sunday!

Generally Sunday is a stay at home football day. This week, however, Mr H decided we should venture out to attend the festival held at Litchfield Park....Native American festival. It was wonderful weather only in the 70/80's. A wonderful day. I enjoyed meeting and chatting with some very wonderful artists....this Prayer feather caught my eye and it looks nice with my healing feather.
The artist, Anita explained how to use it and pointed out that it has a tuft of coyote in it. She lives here in Arizona when not traveling to fairs. Mr H and I enjoyed lunch at one of the cafes and sat out on the patio...too beautiful a day to sit indoors.

Then it was off to get some caramel popcorn and and these cuties
Not Native American made, but cute nevertheless. The one in the middle and star on the backside is on a bell... the other two are wood based. I think I will keep them all...I had thought of a few gifts, but I love them and can not part with any of them! Tomorrow I will share  the dancers that performed. I finished another tatted ornament, well actually 2 and those I will share tomorrow also.
Once we returned home it was football afternoon....We had a great day all in all. Today is market day for food and maybe the furniture store for a new sofa. For a few months we have been trying to decide and I think...key word is think, we have a decision. I knew 2 months ago, just Mr H making up his mind. I think I have it swung my way. I must remember to welcome some new followers. Glad to meet you ..... and to say how happy I am to have shared some time with all of you. I do hope you have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

butterfly said...

So happy you had a nice Sunday love the feathers and little dolls, we also had a football afternoon. Hugs.

Shelly said...

Sounds like you had a great day. That prayer feather is very pretty. We do all day football here too, but not so much yesterday. The weather's been great, hasn't it!

stitcheranon said...

Oh thats pretty. A lovely post: thanks for sharing xx

cucki said...

Aww so cute
Big hugs dear x

Angela P said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day :)

Julie said...

The feathers are so beautiful. My father had a real passion for the native Americans, he was a spiritual healer himself.

Michele Inman said...

Does anyone know where I could purchase directions to make the little dolls? My sister-in-law in Tucson has a similar one that I've always loved, and I've wanted to make my own for a long time.

BTW, I grew up in Casa Grande, very different from the Pacific northwest where we are now. :-)