Saturday, March 24, 2012

Just blooms~~~

No stitch pictures today. First, I worked yesterday and was just too tired to pick up a needle last night, and I am going in earlier today (11 am) so no real time to enjoy stitching. I did work a little this morning on my Hawaiian applique block. I am not very pleased with it. I tell myself it is my first needle turn project but I can see that it could and should be better. I do not want like to give up so I will think about taking out what I have stitched to re-do it.
On my way to work yesterday, just around the corner and down the street was this....
I just love when this cactus blooms. The flowers are so huge!They are at least 6 inches long and creamy white..I am not sure of the name of this plant, but it looks like it could be one of the Argentine Giant variety.
This particular  plant is only about 24 inches tall.
This is from our Prickly Pear cactus....the yellow is paper thin...too bad these flowers last one day/night.
There are quite a few flowers getting ready to open.This is the first bloom from our Yellow Hibiscus...and it is just outside my kitchen window. A lovely bright sunshine yellow.
Look at this sunny yellow hibiscus! It is the first to bloom just outside my kitchen window. Within the week several others will bloom. I love this time of year.....
It is always a pleasure to have you visit....I will make my rounds later today after work. Whatever your plans for the day....hope it is a good day for you.

7 comments:

Mouse said...

oooo pretty flowers ... isn't it nice when they all start to bloom and you know the nice weather is on its way :)
hope you had a good day at work :) love mouse xxxxx

Vickie said...

Such beautiful photos Gracie. Never would see such flowers here in Wisconsin, thanks for sharing. :)

Daffycat said...

Beautiful blooms! I've grown hibiscus before but they only last the summer then winter kills them. So pretty.

sana said...

Wonderful. I did not know that a so beautiful flower bloomed to a cactus.

Brigitte said...

Great pictures of your blooming cacti.

Debbie said...

I LOVE YOUR CACTUS FLOWERS!

Vicky said...

I love your cactus flowers, something amazing out of something so prickly :)