Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mallow and BBD

Yesterday was a lovely day. The sun was bright and temps comfortable and a little breeze... so why was my Dragonfly chime not ringing?
Could it be because our Tree Mallow has gotten so big and growing around the chimes? Yes, that is why. But, it it so lovely, Mr H will not trim it.... at least not yet. This is just outside our lanai. I love this time of year. All the flowers are strong because the sun is still not too hot.  Once the temps climb higher we will be trying to give them shade to keep them cooler. We have Market umbrellas in the yard, not for us, but for the plants!
I did some stitching yesterday on my BBD Rose Garden....
I am stitching on 32 ct something from my linen box and GA Sugarplum. I am a bit disappointed in the thread color, but ordered from checking on line. This is one reason I hardly ever order thread on line. I had hoped the color would have more variation in it. It is soft and subtle and I guess I do like it.
Once the stitching is completed I will find the right fabric for a larger pillow and make this the center of the pillow. It is a picture in my mind right now.
Do you ever wonder about the people behind the scenes of Blogger? I do. Every so often I log in and things are changed....always a surprise. I suppose as long as it all works.....
Right now, I am needing another cup of coffee and the morning paper. I will be off to work today so no stitching. Speaking of work... there is a delightful young girl working part time who is of Indian descent and we got talking about fabric and she and her family make their own sari's. She was saying how she always has left over fabric and I offered to look at some to buy from her. Tuesday she came to tell me she thought about it and would bring some in for me to see. I will let you know how that goes.....
Happy as always to have you stop by and chat. Enjoy your day.

7 comments:

CalamityJr said...

L know what you mean about buying threads online, but hopefully when you look at your photo you'll see a bit more variation than you had originally thought. It looks very nice to me! Can't wait to see your sari fabrics - silk?

Mouse said...

ooo nice start and gorgeous flowers :) sari's are lovely fabrics sooo I hope you find some you can work with :0 love mouse xxxxx

milly said...

Hello

I love your flower and windchime photo, it reminds me of summer.

Your new start looks lovely. It is difficult ordering threads online, the colours are always a little different. The colour you chose is lovely.

I would love to see the sari material - I do hope you find some that you like.

SoCal Debbie said...

Your flowers are beautiful! How peaceful while they last. I think your pillow will look great. Can't wait to see what you do with the sari fabric!

Anne said...

The flowers are so pretty!! I do like the colour of Sugarplum, but I understand that if it's not what you envisioned, it can be disappointing. Unfortunately, online thread, fabric, whatever has to be online for me.

Annette-California said...

Pretty flower and very pretty thread. Nice start. I had bought a sari once $100.00 for 5 yds. I used it as a valance and curtain - very pretty. Of course I have changed the decor since, but still have the lovely fabric:) It's always a surprise to relieve threads I have ordered on line. Mostly I call in my order to a shop 45mins away. One lady I have come to know and trust her 1st instint - Haven't been disappointed yet:)

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching :D