Sunday, March 18, 2012

A finish and a pattern is ready to travel

I am so pleased with my Penny Rug Mat...
The little candy dish is one I have had since I am married..... almost 42 years. A cousin of Mr H gave it to me. It is from Italy and is very old. The elderly gentleman who gave it to the cousin brought it from Italy when he immigrated to the USA.
It really was a fun project and easy too. I am already planning my next one. Just have to decide on colors for it. It is a pattern I bought at Jo Ann's that has flower appliques.
Now, I am happy to say tha the SB Travelling Pattern is ready to move on.


I am still decideing on the fabric for the backing... I plan on a small pillow. Lee  sent suggested threads in DMC. I will be sending that as well as my changes... you know I just had to make a few color changes. I decide to use a tea dyed 32 ct from my linen stash and also stitched with double thread instead of the single.
It is such a sweet design and quick too.

Lee sent a little bee for me to add.....I will be sending a little something to the next person to add. So...... If you want to stitch this cute design, leave a note on this post and I will draw a name on Sunday the 25th....

We had a bit of rain over night... not enough to make a real difference, but welcomed anyway. I love the sound of the rain.... the sun is just now popping out, but I would not mind a little more rain. I know the plants love it and Mr H does not have to water them. I worked a full 4 days this past week...I am tired. I really like the 3-3 day weeks, but sales sales sales = busy busy busy. Today a quick drive to the market and then some reading and stitching on my BBD. I am so pleased we shared some time together.... I will stop by soon to visit with you. Thank you for the kind words and emails.... have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

Annette-California said...

Grace, your sampler looks so pretty. I'm surprised how fast you finished this. Your fabric really shows off the design. I'll send you a picture of mine. You did a beautiful job on your penny rug. Just lovely.

Lee said...

Fun to see the design stitched yet again well done on completing it so fast look forward to hearing where it goes next.

milly said...

Hello

Your version of the travelling Pattern is lovely.

I think your penny rug is great!

I love the sound of the rain too, as long as i'm inside.

Happy stitching.

SoCal Debbie said...

Great job on your penny rug mat! How nice that you saved that candy dish all this time!

Cardygirl said...

Love the penny rug...super cute!

pam said...

Cute penny rug mat!

Ellen said...

Love SB's designs! Your changes are great! Would love a chance to stitch this design, thank you!

Love your penny rug too!

Hugs,

Sandra Kaye said...

Your rug looks great!!! Email me!! I would love together!! Hugs-- Sandia

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

I like your blog! Beautiful crosstitch! Welcome to my blog too, about my crosstitch, quilt and ministry! Hello from Russia, Nika

Minnie said...

I like the penny rug mat, very interesting. Your sampler is lovely and I love the Nancy Wilson playing on your blog.

Patty C. said...

I love you penny rug!