Monday, March 26, 2012

A day late but a winner~

I know, I said the winner would be drawn on Sunday...it was... but time got in my way. It was a gorgeous day so Mr H and I took a ride to The Turf Soaring School to check out the glider rides. You see, my kid brother Alan is coming out in 23 days who's counting and he and Mr H are going for a glider ride.
This is one of the gliders......you soar at 3000 or 4000 or even 5000 feet after being towed by a small plane.....
You can even choose to do Aerobatic soaring! A young guy was in this plane being brought up to about 4000 feet for just that. It was amazing to watch the turns and loops. While we were there, a private pilot flew over doing the most scary but fascinating stunt flying. I would have lost my stomach with the first dive!
I managed to get the first flower motif finished on my BBD..
I think I am beginning to like the color. I found a piece of fabric to back it with although that may change once it is completed. I am working on another cigar box...only this time the box will remain the star. Just looking for the right fabric to line it with.

What? Oh, you want to know where the Tending the Blooms pattern is going next? Well....
 I tossed the names into my little picnic basket and when I reached in....out came......
                                                                                         Daffycat!
So there you are.....thanks for tossing your name into the mix...be sure to follow it now to
It's Daffycat for the next time it is ready to travel.
I am off this morning to our monthly group...Sun Stitchers..... whatever your plans for the day are...I do hope you have a great day. So happy that you took time to stop by. I am a bit behind on responding to your comments...sorry....I will get back in the groove ....seems time is in the way lately.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I could not do that glider stuff. :)

Mouse said...

oooo that glider looks fun from the ground ..lol and well done to daffy to get the TP :) love mouse xxx

Daffycat said...

Yay! How cool is that? Thanks, Gracie!

Autumn said...

Sweet! I have been reading but was in a rush and didn't comment last week. (spring break)

My blog is still here and open to all to read. Blogger looses it's mind sometimes.