Friday, March 30, 2012

An off Friday....

No, there is nothing wrong. It is just that I have today off and that is not usual. Mr H and I have no plans ... yet.
In our garden... Mr H's pride of plants, we have a rose called Mr Lincoln
It has a light lovely fragrance.  Although it does not produce many at one time, when it does give a flower....well...
just look at the size of it! I do like to pick and have them in the house but sometimes just looking out the kitchen window and seeing this is so much nicer. It is  a medium to long stem .
When I showed you my new fabrics, I forgot to show a closeup of this one...
Not a clue as to its use. I could not pass it up... it was in Jo Ann's Red Tag section and then I got one piece at remnant cost... I just had to have it. I am sure it will find itself in one of my projects.

I have been stitching..... a finished leaf.... working on another leaf.... I do see the subtle shading and I think I like it more as I stitch. I started  a new small Christmas themed piece for a private exchange in December. I am hoping to make a few other smalls to send off as just because gifts.

I will be trying a new project. It is something I saw on Pinterest. I bought the supplies yesterday and will get a pot of water to boil when I leave here. Curious?
Welcome to a my new followers .....I do enjoy meeting new friends. I really appreciate the kind comments and emails....thank you for taking the time when you visit.
Zoe tries to stay very close at all times to her best friend... Mr H. In this instance, his sandal.
Have a wonderful day.....

5 comments:

Kathy Ellen said...

'Lo how a rose ere blooming' in your garden today...so lovely, and the scent must be so beautiful.

I love the beautiful fabric, and what an even greater thrill to find purchase it at 'remnant cost' too!

Blue is one of my favorite colours, and so I find your new piece rather beautiful and intriguing.

Blessings to you today!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful rose. Using a ruler was great. Those roses are BIG. Enjoy your day off:) Jo Ann's is one of my favorite stores. Pretty fabric.

Vickie said...

We gave a Mr. Lincoln rose to my husband for Father's Day quite a few years ago. We moved it with us to two different houses, it didn't last after that.:(

Sandra Kaye said...

Enjoy your garden..the weather is perfect now...:):) Ms. Zoe looks so cute :):) Hugs

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous rose!

BTW I have nominated you for a Leibster award!