Monday, December 12, 2011

I got sidetracked

Some days I am so lost! I start one thing then see another and off I go. Basically I am a very organized person... but this year I had 2 Christmas card lists..... and misplaced one of them only to ask for someone to send me their address and then find the list. Oh well.

Here is what I have been up to....
I just finished this bracelet this morning.....
 this was fun and I would like to make a few more... I used what beads I had on hand. No, the model for the closed bracelet picture is not my wrist...  it is paper mache.
Then ...
I love the fabric for the backing.
Would you like to see my Snowmen...
The ornament in the back on the display stand...my longtime friend Joan gave that to me some years ago. It was made by a local crafts person back in Rhode Island. All of the grass used inside is from RI... I keep it out all year long as a memory of my home state.
This  fellow is out all year too....
My co-worker Arlene made these for us...
 
 
just so creative!
Just so you know, I did not really forget about Lavender's Blue
A tree grew! I should must stitch more on this.

We are having a drizzle day here in Arizona. The birds are loving it and so are my plants. My plans for the day you ask ? A cup of hot chocolate and stitching. Mr H ... my toes hurt from still being crossed.... is doing so well. Still with pain/discomfort, but I think the worst is over. Thank you all for the kind words and your prayers. I truly feel lucky to have such great blog friends. I am so pleased you took the time to visit with me.

There is a great give away from Parsley...be sure to check it out.
Enjoy your day.

8 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Your holiday decorating is beautiful! I really need to hurry up and get my decorations out before it's too late! The tree that grew on your cross stitch is adorable - can't wait to see more!

CalamityJr said...

So pleased to hear Mr H's good report. You learned the beading very well; way to go! Your snowmen are lovely; they're my favorite decorations.

Patty C. said...

Lovely decorations Gracie
Happy Holidays ;)

butterfly said...

Great decorations,your stitching is looking very nice.

Mouse said...

oooo youre as bad as me this year ..lol finally found list out from two years ago and desperately trying to update it !!!
love the bracelet ... and soo glad you said it wasn't your hand hahahah ... love your stitching and santa's drawers is funny ...
please Mr H is still doing well and I know what you mean about your toes heheheh
and the tree is cute and some progress is better than none ..lol
love mouse xxxxx

And This Little Pig said...

Gracie you are so talented, the bracelet is divine! Must say I am rather parital to Santa's underwear :@
Will continue to keep my toes and fingers crossed for Mr H, onwards and upward from here! Merry Christmas.
LiBBiE in Oz

pam said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely decorations.

Melanie said...

Love the bracelet!!! It sooo pretty! :)