Thursday, December 15, 2011

Memories....

So many times I look at something I have or read a page/card/letter, or hear a song and think of someone or a time gone by. That happened to me yesterday. Mr H and I were getting ready to go out for awhile and I reached in to pick out a Christmas pin to wear on my sweater.
This lovely pin was given to me maybe 15 years ago. I wear it every year for the holiday. It was given to me by Joan...... Joan is my SIL Colleen's mom. A sweet lady with a lovely smile. She probably would not remember me now, but I shall always remember her when I wear this pin.




Today's mail brought 2... yes 2 gifts! Once again my sis Lynowl sent me a gift certificate for Nordic Needle....What shall I buy... I love gift certificates. The other package is from my sidekick Lu back in RI. We worked together side by side for 5 years....
Annalee Santa!
It is already hanging on the tree along with the several others she has sent me.

Mr H and I had a wonderful day shopping in Glendale yesterday. We even had lunch at La Piazza Al Forno...delicious Margherita pizza. The weather was nice... no rain, so walking around was nice. The first time in 6 months that we were able to have such a day. They can only continue now.

Well, i am off to a doll making group...so I must run. So glad you had time to visit with me....enjoy your day.



5 comments:

Patty C. said...

Beautiful pin Gracie :)

butterfly said...

Lovely pin, and great gifts.

Mouse said...

ooo lovely memories attached to that pin :) and glad you got out for a pootle .... enjoy your class :) love mouse xxxx

Joy said...

Love your keepsake. Nice to have memories.

Lynda said...

Your Christmas brooch is beautiful Gracie. Christmas is a wonderful time for memories.