Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Bluebird of Happiness

It rained all day yesterday..... that is not a bad thing, but when you have things to do outdoors it can be annoying. We did go to the doctor and got a great report. Next visit back to him in January! Mr H is finally on the recovery with no further procedures. My toes are trying to relax but it has been a long 6 months.

On that good news....
Yes there is a Bluebird of Happiness my friends. There is also the start of more landscaping. More lettering also. So the rain did not hamper everything.... just my shopping trip to Glendale. That is on schedule for today... rain or not.

My Santa key is hung on the front door..... I know it is still 11 days away, but I do not want to be  last minute and risk forgetting. When there is no fireplace and chimney.....
How does Santa get into your house?  I have been hanging this key for many years.... maybe 20 or so and though there are no children here or likely to be be visiting for the holiday, why break tradition now!

Well, my friends, I really need something to eat... Southwest Hash Browns sounds about right. And yes, it is something I can make for  myself. I must say, it is good to have my personal chef back! Thank you for stopping by and oh yes, by all means you can un-cross your toes. All the  good wishes and thoughts certainly did the help. Have a great day.

10 comments:

valerie said...

So glad to hear that Mr. H is finally on the mend. I am sure that you are all so relieved. Great progress on your wips...the bluebird of happiness looks so pretty!

Cleejoow said...

I'm sooo happy to see the bird... been looking for a progress post... prayers were sent your way

geeky Heather said...

So glad to see the bluebird made it!! I love the Santa key...when I was little, we were moving around Christmas and our new house's chimney hadn't been built yet. One of the workmen told me he saw Santa in town and Santa told him he'd be able to use even a partial fireplace, so it was all OK. =)

Whytefeather said...

Yay! Very glad to hear the news at the doctors is good news and that your blue bird of happiness is there!
While I may uncross my toes, I'll still be sending good thoughts to you two :) Big hugs, very happy for you and the hubby!

Lynda said...

So pleased you've had some good news. I saw a key in a shop yesterday - had never seen one before.

CalamityJr said...

Hooray for Mr H! and his doctors! and his loving wife! and, of course, God!

Mindi said...

I love the Santa key! I've never seen one before, and there have been a few places I've lived where I should have had one.

natalyK said...

So happy to hear the great news. Your bluebird looks beautiful.

Silverlotus said...

I have a Santa key set aside for when the little man starts asking questions about how Santa will get in. He doesn't quite get it all this year (he's nearly 4 now), but I bet by next year he will be asking all those kinds of questions.

Also, lovely stitching as always! :D And yay for Mr. H finally being on the mend.

Patty C. said...

Love the santa key idea - too cute