Saturday, February 5, 2011

A strange meeting~~and a special bird

I was at work yesterday...at JoAnn's...and I was cutting fabric for 3 ladies. They told me the netting and satin was for a birthday party that would be today. The girl would be the daughter of one and granddaughter of another. Anyway, they noticed my name tag and stated that the young girl's name was also Grace....then stated that her birthday was on the 3rd! I told them that it was also my birthday...then as I was cutting some lavender and then purple fabric for them, I said that these were my favorite colors....it happens to be that of the young girl too! Now tell me....was this strange or what. That has never happened to me before.
About this weather....I think The Valley is finally out of freeze warnings! It can't happen to soon for me. Mr H enjoys his garden and I feel bad that he may have lost a few plants and I know for sure part of our new Ficus tree has some damage. The birdbath actually had some ice in it.

Back in December, Maaike and I decided to exchange Chrsitmas cards. When hers arrived, it had a special ornie for me! I did post it to my other blog(??) but not here...so I want to share it with you.....


Isn't this lovely...it hangs in "my room"  on my window branch and I think of her everyday when I see it...All the way from Amsterdam just  for me.

I am thinking of randomly choosing birthdays as RAK's, so if anyone wants to send me, here or by email their bdate...you just may get a surprise. I have 2, count them....one...two...updates over at my other place.....I will meet you there so grab your cup of tea or coffee.....maybe it's a hot chocolate...anyway I will see you there....

9 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you!

Melanie said...

That is too funny! What a small world.

Blu Stitcher said...

I was in Phoenix yesterday and the weather was so nice and crisp. I even got Harry bundled up and took him outside for a few mins to get some fresh air.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

That is a cute story.
I am also glad our AZ deep freeze is over.
I love your new little birdie too.

Silverlotus said...

Oh, gosh, I knew I would forget. Happy Birthday (a couple of days late).

Margaret said...

A belated Happy Birthday from me also, and I am sending you some of the sun that is shining in our part of the world. That's a lovely bird and nic words also.

Cindy's Stitching said...

what a pretty bird.

Roberta said...

Happy belated birthday Grace.

Love the little bird your received as a gift - very special.

Carol said...

Hope your birthday was special, Grace! Loved the story about your "twin!" And what a sweet bird you received from Maaike :)