Saturday, January 29, 2011

Poof...it's gone!

To say we are so very disappointed is an understatement.  Little Miss Hummingbird has moved...where you ask...who knows. I asked a few fellow Arizonans about this and got several answers.  It is not that uncommon for a "new" mom to be to change her mind...they do build low to high off the ground....and she may be back! There are only a few scraps of nesting left so she may be back or someone else may construct.
 But ....
Mr. Hummingbird was by for refreshments. As you see, they do let us get quite close to them....so we did not scare Miss Hummingbird away. oh, well, The quail may return to their favorite plant again so stay tuned.

Where did this month go? It seems like I just started the Crazy Challenge and now I have 2 finished, one almost finished and it is time to mail out my Winter Exchange....geez...I have been busy! I did update at my other place on Always. Do stop by and check it out.

This rusting the jingle bells....I did as I read..so far they are not rusting! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Last night, when Mr H picked me up from work, we went over to Applebee's to eat...more and more as we enter businesses in the area we are greeted with...
Yes, this state is a carry state both outward and concealed. Sign of the times.....

I am of to work today so stitching is not in the plan.....but I will get stitching in from Sunday on...be assured! So nice to chat with you today...stop back soon...I will be by your place later.....

5 comments:

Blu Stitcher said...

Living in Chino Valley and being a small town. I see more and more people with side arms. It freaks me out a bit. However, I grew up in Phoenix as a kid and I remember going to Yellow Front as a kid and there was a big sign at the door that said you had to Check you Weapons. Of course there was also a hitching post for your horse out front also. LOL

Chookyblue...... said...

just amuses me you have signs like this............your not allowed to carry them in Oz.....would hate to live with firearms so public......

Lynda said...

Wow Gracie that's a frightening sign to us in Aus - something we don't ever come across.

Susan said...

Sorry to see that she is gone but.. they say the grass is always greener somewhere else or something like that.

Will check out your other blog for the current update. I enjoy them. Thanks!

Happy Stitching!

Melanie said...

Awwwww. I can't believe they're gone. :(