Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hummingbird update



The little bird visited often yesterday but the nest really looks the same! She flitted in and sat inside did a wiggle a few times then off again! I have tried to figure why she would select a bush that is in the open, low to the ground...about 4 feet high, not under any cover...if, if we should have rain...and where does she go all day!
I know, nature does it own thing and knows what to do...but I still wonder. There are several other places in the yard she could have chosen...this would not have been my choice. Even within this bush, she could have built it inside more.  I am sure she would know best. It is a wait and see.....

I did update at my other place.....meet you there....
Glad you stopped by today.

5 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on this tiny momma-to-be. Isn't nature amazing?!

Patty C. said...

I love hummingbirds - How awesome is that !!!! Please keep us posted of the progress :)

Blu Stitcher said...

I love the updates and the pictures.


Thank You

Cardygirl said...

How lovely to have her close by!

Roberta said...

Hummingbirds are just beautiful and how special that you have one brand new just so close.

Also, thank you for visiting my blog. I am slowly catching up.

Also, the name of our home is "Hummingbird Hollow at Roterra Gardens"