Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Friend is~~~~

Did you ever look up the definition of friend?
friend (frend)
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
acquaintance, companion,comrade

When I left Rhode Island, I left not only family behind, but some wonderful friends. My friend Joan....we worked together for almost 20 years...had morning break and lunch together everyday. Lucille...she called me her side-kick.We worked together the last 5 years I was in RI....sat side by side in our office. Needless to say, I missed them. Yes, there were snail mails, emails and phone calls, but not the in person contact that I relied on. We shared thoughts and laughter and tears...and food. These last 4 years I became friends with Linda..I call her Ziz because there are just so many Linda's in my life. We live in the same community, a courtyard away and we go to 2 needlecraft groups together.  We get along very nicely. She has become a friend. When I needed a thread for one of my challenge projects she never hesitated to go a little out of her way to get it for me yesterday...what she did do was also pick me up a gift...a new project... for no reason except she thought of me. So of course...I will add it in to the challenge, make an adjustment to my plans, just because Ziz gave it to me.
So, follow me over to my other place ...come along.....


6 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you have a "friend"!! I know all to well how hard it is to make "friends" after you leave the place you've spent the majority of your life!! I still miss my "friends" from MI!! Cathy is my best friend, and everyday I miss her dearly!! I'm still looking for that friend here, but who knows if it will ever happen.

dixiesamplardesigns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dixiesamplardesigns said...

Sorry...my post just went crazy on me! LOL1

My best friend lives in MD, and we are lucky enough to get together at least once a year. I would love be closer; but she hates the heat/humidity of the South, and I ate the bitter cold of the North! LOL!

Although I have many acquaintances where I live now, no one has been a "fit". It makes me sad sometimes, but it also makes me treasure the time I do get to spend with her that much more. I am blessed that her husband has become just as dear a friend, so it's like having a second family when I am with them. Dang...now I am really missing them...maybe I'll head up there in late spring??!!

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Kttycat said...

I'm also glad you found a true friend. I miss my bestie Emily too since she moved away!

Blu Stitcher said...

That is so wonderful. I lost so many friends after I left NY due to 9/11. I made some new ones when I moved to NC. But now being in AZ, I have not had the chance to make any close friends even thou I have several cyber friends. Friends are hard to come by these days. So when you find one, hold on tight.

Linda

Silverlotus said...

It is wonderful to have such a close friend. I wish I could say the same.