Saturday, February 21, 2015

Change in plans....and a win!

First, I won a drawing over at Tammy's place...
so creative! I just love when someone has an idea and goes with it. This is wonderful. Tammy's blog is so nice be sure to pop over and say hello. I like that I can change the inside when new ink is needed....not just a decoration, but a usable pen for my sewing room.
Now for the other news...if you follow me on Facebook, you saw the picture of my right hand....
The first real issue with this was this past June. X-rays showed that I have arthritis in the first finger and first and second knuckle with inflammation between those knuckles. Well, it is blooming again so back to the surgeon for an injection yesterday...actually 2 injections into the area. I actually left work a little early on Thursday because it was swollen and very painful. Today, it is the same with a little more pain. What to do! Obviously, my stitching plans for the next few days are not to be. Work today will be interesting trying to measure and cut fabric for 5 hours..... it will certainly be slow going. I guess there will be more relaxing in the yard this weekend..... Vickie had asked about predators with having fish in the little pond.... the solution is that we have a cover that would hide them from the hawks that frequent the area.Rather than try to disguise it, Mr H painted it to be obvious and the orange is a nice color.
Simple but effective. The water sounds are not so loud as to attract hawks but pleasant enough when we are outside. Some of the "regular" birds  stop by for a drink. When Mr H drains some of the algae water off, he uses it to water the garden plants. Mind you, we have a Rain-bird system in the yard that he does not use because he prefers to water the plants himself. It keeps him busy. Typing this morning has been slow and uncomfortable, so off I go now to look at my Red Riding Hood instead of stitching on it! Time to ice the hand also...thanks for stopping by and I do hope you have a wonderful day.
PS**** sign up for the March Card exchange ends on Saturday February 28th.  Email me you mailing address if you plan to join in. I may already have your address if you joined in before.

10 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh Grace, I do hope your hand settles down very soon. It's so frustrating not being able to do things you normally do and also being in pain is literally a pain!

Jacquie Morris said...

Oh my.... I do hope you become pain free soon... It's simply awful living with long term pain :(
One day at a time.... Take it easy.
Smiles :)

Tammy Black said...

Hi Grace,

Wow...I'm happy your package arrived so quickly! Blessings for a speedy recovery :) Kindly, Tammy

Madtatter80 said...

I don't know you very well but when my hand swells from all the handy work, Ice water and stretching hand by placing fingers out stretched on wall then gently bend fore arm to give it a good stretch really helps relieves pain and I no longer use those special gloves.

Vickie said...

Hoping the shot works well!

diamondc said...

I have the same problem I just go with it, I cannot get the shots anymore, they donot work for me.
I hope you get to stitch soon.


Catherine

Debbie said...

Hope your hand feels better soon!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a clever idea for a pen, I did have to look at Tammy's blog to find out what it was though.
Your hand looks most painful, I hope it gets better soon.

Julie said...

Just having a blog reading catch up, I hope the injections have worked and you are in less pain and the swelling has gone down too.
love and {hugs}

Brigitte said...

I do hope that the fit of arthritis has improved and that the swelling has gone away steadily.