Sunday, February 15, 2015

A weather break

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day...I worked and let me tell you, there were many without loving thoughts yesterday! So impatient and  unhappy...life is just too short for all the negativity they have. My co-workers and I did the best (we always do) and we take care of one another when it gets tough going. Must say I was really happy to get home. I have been stitching on Pink Lady this morning....goal is to finish the gown and then I will start the train/bustle section. While stitching, I have the weather channel on. As you know, I am originally from the Ease Coast and family/friends are still there. So,  pay attention to the weather as they do our Arizona weather. Now, let's be realistic... East Coast winter storms are nothing new...blizzards are not new. I know as I have been through them in the past. These weather men are driving me nuts.... so, I decided to take a break and visit with you. Have you seen the current project to do?
Pin Balls...fun to do and this is my first one. The design and style possibilities are many.  I look forward to making a few more. I know, I really do not need to add something else "to do" in my schedule...but that is me.  Always looking for new things to try. Got to keep the little grey cells working. Mr H and I are thinking of going to another festival today. The weather here is perfect for it...in the 80's and sunny.... some music, crafts and lunch outside...sounds delightful to me. Right now, however, I think I will have a cup of coffee and some toast and then back to Pink Lady....glad you stopped by today. Thank you for the kind words and friendship that warms my soul.....whatever your plans, have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Morning Gracie,
The Pin Ball is very pretty. I have to admit I've not seen them before. Didn't find much on Google about them. Is there a tutorial or pattern for them?
Have a lovely day!

Debbie said...

Hi Gracie,
The pin ball is very pretty. I've not heard of them either.
The outdoor festival sounds lovely...along with temperatures in the 80's, enjoy!

Cindy's Stitching said...

The pin ball is very cute. 80's, i am just thinking 50 would be good. Enjoy the festival.

Vickie said...

What a nice pinball!
Enjoy your time outside today for me!! It is currently 0º.

Lelia said...

Awesome pin ball - I agree, endless possibilities! Sorry you had to deal with the grumbling. At times I think holidays bring out the worst in people. DH + I went to City Winery to hear 10,000 Maniacs set. It was enjoyable. We had blizzard conditions in the a.m. and when it was time to drive into Chicago [apx 45 mi], the roads were clear and sun shining. When we came home, middle son had grill fired up and made steaks on the grill. DD and youngest DS also home for the meal. Was great time to have all gathered in one place. Enjoy the festival!!!

rosey175 said...

At first I thought your pin ball was one of the Japanese temari balls! It looks very pretty! Is it called a pin ball because it's like a pin cushion storage thingy or because the spokes are made with pins (toothpicks?)?

Sorry for the days with grumpy customers! They just don't know how to put on a happy face and would rather shove all their problems on other people.

Parsley said...

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Brigitte said...

I agree with you - it doesn't make sense to go through the world with your mind filled with negative thoughts. Good to know that you could enjoy the rest of the Valentine's Day after coming home from work.

Julie said...

Your pin ball is pretty, not something I have heard of before.
Have a lovely day out.

shirley flavell said...

Interesting re your pinballs. Haven't heard of them before.It can be difficult dealing with the public at times. I worked in the hospital nursing for many years, met a lot of personalities and difficult people. Would come off duty really fed up some times.Have a good day Hugs Shirley