Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Flowers ** Rabbits ** Festival

I was just too lazy to post yesterday...that is the truth. We have lots of activity outside in our courtyard...
I looked out the front window to see this sweet face watching me. There were 4 others playing around the area at the same time. Love when they are out playing but Mr H does not like them to eat his flowers....
On Sunday we went to the Wigwam Resort Native American Festival. This was sponsored by them and so it was a little smaller than the one that Litchfield Park hods which is just around the corner from here, but it was nice. Loved the music...
There were a few entertainers and this was a new one for me...Arvel Bird. Violins, Native American flutes and Irish whistles....yes, his sound is Celtic Native American.  His roots are Scottish (Clan Kennedy) and Native American Paiute. I did buy one of his his CD's. The combination of Celtic, Native American with a bit of folk thrown in is quite different. Also performing was my favorites, Yellow Bird with Tony Duncan and his family. More tomorrow.
 I did some stitching on Pink Lady
Her gown is almost complete. I started the Ribbon flowers...and finished  embroidering her bodice. I hope you can see the metallic stitches. Her flower ball is looking good. I added the ribs to her fan. I will be starting her bustle/train next. Thank you for the nice comments on the Pin Ball. I first learned about it from Susie Delewese (from a FB group) and she started quite the following. There are no tutorials and the directions are really simple. If anyone would like, I would gladly share them. For those of you in the current snow/ice storm paths, I wish you warmth and safety on your travels. I really do not miss any of that. Yesterday Mr H and I were sitting outside enjoying our weather and remembered the many snow storms in our past life. Ten years here has so spoiled us, we could never return to the East Coast! I am off to work today and can only hope the customers are happier. I go out of my way to thank those that are patient and pleasant with hopes it will spread. If you are out and about, remember that the people behind the counters are trying to do the best they can; we do not schedule workers, or make the sale rules or supply coupons! Hope you all have a wonderful day...
Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.
Joyce Meyer

5 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

I do not miss snow storms either!
Great progress on the Pink Lady.

Sheila said...

Your pink Lady looks lovely, yes I would love instructions on the pin ball. Thanks

butterfly said...


Love your little cute bunny, and your Pink lady is beautiful .

Julie said...

I do envy you being able to see the native americans in person and hear their music. I did look up Arvel, his sound is very different but beautiful.
Pink Lady is looking super and your little furry friend looks right at home in the bushes.

Terri said...

I'll have to check out these singers!

I'd love the instructions for the pin balls too. Yours are so pretty! And they look like fun!