Wednesday, February 18, 2015

More about the festival

I have posted about Yellow Bird before..... I never tire of seeing them perform and listening to their songs and stories. The Duncan family ...Tony is a marvelous hoop dancer, his wife Violet is simply beautiful and the little girls are just adorable.
Much has been written about Tony and The Yellow Bird Dancers------to see and hear them is the best. Performing along with Tony is Darrin Yazzie on guitar. Darren is from the Tabaaha and Navajo Nations, can make the guitar sooth your soul also accompanies Tony on flute.
 Tony Duncan
Another performer with Tony is Lowery Begay of the Dine Nation (Navajo). He is wonderful to watch with the Hoop Dancing...

His dress is magnificent and he is impressive.  If you are getting the impression that I am taken with these performers...you are correct. Tomorrow I will tell you about Violet and her wonderful book. Now, if you are still with me, I will tell you that I hope to stitch today....and finish page one for Red Riding Hood. I am also hoping to get some sewing done...the magic word for today is "hope". The temps are expected to be in the low 80's, a perfect sit outside day. So much more relaxing to stitch out in the back yard...with the hummingbird hovering about and the listing to the water sounds from our small pond...yes, think it will be a good day. Glad you stopped in and hope you will have a great day.

4 comments:

Ninetta said...

Never seen something like them, thank you so much for this post. The Pink Lady is so pretty.

Cindy's Stitching said...

I am sure it is amazing entertainment.

Annette-California said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful show you got to see! Oh yes I've been stitching and glad you are making progress on your wips:)
love Annette

Julie said...

Wonderful pictures of your day out. I'm looking forward to more tomorrow.