Sunday, November 9, 2014

These early mornings.........

I do usually wake very early. It is not uncommon for me to be up and out of bed at 2 am, but today it has been since 1:30! The early morning when it is only me awake and no sounds outside and still in darkness is so peaceful. Of course I stitched on Santa. I must say, rounding up all those 49 DMC threads has not been a fast job as I had to replace several colors and as of yesterday, I still had to get 2 more before leaving work.  Luckily when I put him away I rolled it with the right side in so it stayed clean. yI then had to find my place, easier said than done as it it all his beard except for the last bunch of berries which I finished this morning. The beard, now that is a project in itself.... I hope to get the stitching completed these next couple of days and then the outlining. Yes, I am going to have Santa ready for the holiday this year! Today Mr H and I are hoping to get to a Fall Festival and enjoy the entertainment of The Yellow Bird Dancers and their beautiful music as well as many lovely crafts for sale. Tomorrow is my first therapy session ad I am not looking forward to it. In the meantime, I think I will return to Santa and his beard. Glad you stopped by today. Welcome to a couple of new friends.... thank you for the kind words.....have a good day.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

So awesome that Santa will finally be done!
Enjoy the Yellow Bird Dancers.

Sally said...

Hello Gracie

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Santa progressing.
I hope you and Mr H enjoy the festival.
Best wishes for tomorrow's therapy session.
Hope you have a good week.

Ele said...

Ouch! 1:30am... It's not unusual for me to go to bed at that time! :)
Hope you had a good time at the festival
Best wishes for the therapy session

butterfly said...

Hope you had fun at the Festival.
Can't wait to your santa .
All the best for tomorrow.

cucki said...

Hope you had lots of fun :)
Love to see your Santa
Big hugs x

shirley flavell said...

Your santa is going to look stunning, so worth the time and effort. Best wishes for your therapy session.You must get tired with the hours of loss of sleep Gracie then working as well. Hugs Shirley

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

WOW! That is early! I'm an early riser too...but I feel like a lay-abed getting up at 4:30 :)