Friday, November 7, 2014

More mail and 19 years later....

The morning is starting out a bit chilly---- temp is 57 but should rise to around 84 today. In the meantime, I had to put my cotton robe on! I am off today and hope to spend time working on an old project. First let me show you what arrived yesterday...
my latest RR piece from Michelle from Stitch Craft Place in the UK. This just might make for a pretty pillow finish....and the fabric she sent would be perfect for it. Do stop by and visit her lovely blog. Michelle enjoys knitting and crochet as well as cross stitch. I have to do the final finish on 3 ornaments...and soon as one must be sent by November 24th. I forgot to take a picture of the tatted ornament that I made for  my co-worker Rindell...it really looked nice and she was pleased.
I want to tell you about the "old piece" that I will be working on. First, here is a picture ...
This is my sweet niece Elyssa taken in October 1995.In the back round you can see a pattern.....Elyssa is working on a stitched piece of her own. She spent a lot of time with Mr H and me and when I stitched, she did also. Her age here is 2 1/2 years old......here is the little girl now...
Oh my...with Elyssa is Joe and their adorable little Natalia Rose who is 7 months old.  Do I feel old today....you bet I do! I have not meet my great niece yet, but I just think she is a doll. Every time they post a picture, I immediately download into my Natalia file....a few are printed out and displayed.

Here is the Santa as it is..... and it will be finished in time for this Christmas even though it is 19 years late! You may ask why it never was finished..... hard to really give you an answer. One day I just looked at it and did not want to work on it anymore. In those days I would work on only one project at a time and this had so much going on that I tired of it. Then one day I decided to work on it (years later) but could not find the pattern. Do the linen was put away. Some years past and I found the pattern but could not remember which box had the stitchery...so...you get the idea. I then thought this piece was not meant to be. It is now! ----- never too late is it? So that is my story for the day...glad you were here to listen....than you as always for the kind words and friendship...have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

Sally said...

Hello

Found your lovely blog via Manuelas Flowergarden.
What a lovely story and a sweet family too.
I really hope you can finish in time for this Christmas.
Have a lovely weekend x

Caitlin D said...

Hope you get to finally meet your great niece soon! She is so cute!
The Santa stitch is lovey. Glad you found it in your stash. :-)

Vickie said...

I like your gifts from Michelle. :)
Good for you! I hope Santa gets done and displayed too!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

No it's never too late and it looks great.

Mouse said...

better late than never and will make a lovely present for the newest littleee ..lol
love the stars on the pointer ... good luck with the stitching and I have met with Michelle a few times she only lives a couple of hours away from me :) love mouse xxxxx

rosey175 said...

It's never too late to finish a UFO! It was meant to be this year so it kept itself out of trouble for all those 19 years. :) He will look amazing when finished.

cucki said...

Great gift my dear and I truly love the Santa so much
Big hugs x

Ele said...

Lovely stitching and lovely photos
Hope you will meet your niece soon

KimM said...

Beautiful stitching - beautiful niece
Hugs
xxx

Anthea said...

I love reading this Gracie! Well done on getting the stitching & the pattern back together after all this time - now I don't feel so bad about a cross stitch of mine taking me about 5 years!

Kaisievic said...

It is a stunning piece and your niece is adorable!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Your Santa Claus is spectacular, exactly what he should look like, at least in my mind ")
May I ask what pattern this is? I'd like to see if I can find it.