Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Snails and mail

Our Arizona temps here in The Valley have certainly dropped...cooler and very nice. It also means that certain plants will once again thrive and bllom....
This is the first time that Mr H and I have seen the hummer tasting the Snail Vine..... just look at all the snails in bloom. Of course once he was tired of hoovering  around them, he return to one of his perches...
what a delight he is. So tiny that he can sit on this thin tiny twig . Mr H used to trim all of them off, but now we leave several for him to sit on around the yard. I had a very lazy day yesterday...no ambition to do any stitching or tatting. Even Mr H commented that He doesn't often see me without a needle in my hand.  I told myself that it was okay to do nothing. Today however is work....
Mail arrived as usual yesterday and again something for me!

Patty from pccrafty made the above needle case...and I was one of the lucky recipients ....I added a ribbon and a favorite old button from one of my button jars.....I will enjoy using it. Patty and I met when I first stated to blog---- she was looking for an eyeglass case pattern and I had one that I was never going to stitch.... and you know what happened next. Blogging friends are a special group. Yesterday during one of my ambitious moments, I set up my first PT appointment----- next Monday and the first injection will be on the Thursday. Keeping positive thoughts. In the meantime, I think I will return to my comfy spot on the daybed in the sewing room and watch a little TV.... definitely not the news.... tired of the political stuff.  Thank you for all the kind words and that you find time to spend with me. Have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

cucki said...

Wow such a sweet gift
I love it
Enjoy your beautiful day x

Caitlin D said...

What a beautiful gift! Enjoy the nice weather.

butterfly said...

Beautiful gift.
Love the hummer and beautiful plants.

Annette-California said...

Patti is a sweetheart! Beautiful gift she sent you. Enjoy your day. I'm thankful for cooler days here too.
love Annette

Sally said...

What a beautiful gift from Patty. So sweet.

diamondc said...

Lovely gift.

Catherine

Donna Heber said...

Wow, I just love your vine and little hummer! Most of our autumn leaves are just about down here in the northeast.

Il gufetto e il gelsomino said...

I like reading about nature of other countries!!! Please write others posts with photos of your country!!! Thanks, bye!

Patty C. said...

So glad you like it Gracie ... I love your ribbon & button .. I may have to borrow that idea!