Sunday, November 2, 2014

Today I think I will tat

Today is All Soul's Day....when I was a child I was told that on November 2nd the souls of our dearly departed would revisit their homes and roam the earth....now I tell you, that did put a bit of concern in my mind! People left a candle lit to help them find their way. Not me, I did not want anyone dead visiting with me!   The other news for today is that it is Daylight Savings Time ----- except for us here in Arizona. We do not move time around....but if you do, now we are only 2 hours apart but still many miles! I finished my RR piece and it will be off in the mail on Monday. It is heading to Michelle in the UK and she tells me that there may be a mail strike?! I think I have stitched all the ornaments that were on my list to be sent off....now to finish them. Now I have time to work on a few others. Mr H found this little critter...
a cute owl....he is fashioned from artificial greenery and sticks and pine cones. Something new to add to the tree this year. I am working on a tatted wreath for a co-worker. I needed to take a day out because of my knee and she took the shift without hesitation. I offered to buy some fabric as she is a wonderful sewer, but she said no. When I pressed the issue of what I could do for her,

"I would like one of your tatted ornaments" so of course that is what I am doing. Just the beginning, but it will be ready for her Christmas tree-----hope she doesn't put it up yet! The Debra and I will be at Jo Ann's today for the last of our free tatting lessons. As of January they will be on the list of classes offered at Jo Ann's. The Debra will be teaching with me to help. It is the first time being offered at our store.... hope it goes well. Easy to encourage when it is for free! The weather is starting out cloudy and quite breezy; the chimes are singing both out front and in the back yard. Temps have cooled down too. It is just 63 now and expected to be around the low 70's today....big change but welcomed. Now I must be off because I am getting hungry....glad we had time to chat and I do hope you have a great day.
PS If any of those Departed Souls stop by, be sure to be nice~!

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely post , I shall be watching for any departed souls . One never knows ! hugs.

Caitlin D said...

I wish I could join that class. I have tried to tea h myself with no success.

Jennifer said...

I don't blame you. I wouldn't want any souls visiting me either. Love the owl ornament. :)

rosey175 said...

I would be okay if they were peaceful souls, haha. Love your little owl and how he's decorated with pine cones. I feel I'm always looking for ideas with pine cones!

I am hoping that once I've accomplished crocheting that I will be able to pick up tatting. So much to learn! :)

shirley flavell said...

Love your little owl and the things used to make it.My Mother tried to teach me tatting but for some reason it did not gel with me, yet I love the look of it. She made me a few pieces which I treasure.Last night our security lights kept flicking on with short time between flashes. We were in bed it was about 11pm.It was lighting our bedroom up. I reckoned last night it was my Mum saying hello and you have just confirmed it(giggle).She died just a few weeks ago.Hugs Shirley N.Z.

prettylittlethingsinabox said...

love the cute owl.. I could not do tatting.. yours is really delicate.. ;)

cucki said...

aww lovely post dear..
i love all kind of soul..ohh my heart is full of happy soul..
hugs and smiles x

Il gufetto e il gelsomino said...

I like tatting!!! Good luck for your knee... Bye!

diamondc said...

Gracie: Love that owl how sweet, tatting is something I have tried but not fond of, my fingers just donot want to do it.

Blessings
Catherine

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Lovely owl