Monday, November 10, 2014

Music and shopping

I fell asleep early last night after being awake from 1:30 AM.... only to wake early again today. This time I decided not to get up and stitch. Instead I had a hot cup of tea and curled up on the day bed in the sewing room and with some very boring TV program fell back to sleep. When I next opened my eyes, it was 6 AM. Need to be rested today so the the therapist can pull at my leg and bend it this way and that and I will be awake enough to yell. Mr H and I went to The Litchfield Artfest yesterday...the sun was hot  but the temps only around mid 80's. When we arrived Estaban was just getting ready to perform.....
love his music! He played a few tunes and one that I love, La Paloma. With him performing was Teresa Joy on violin.  Next to perform was Tony Duncan from Yellow Bird Productions. Amazing Native American music and dancing
the flute sounds were beautiful. His hoop dancing is wonderful, for which he has been world champion many times....His son and daughter performed also...

look at the beautiful children and the vibrant colors....







I did manage to shop also...Mr H picked this to hang in the sewing room
the artist is local and her metal works are lovely.... all brass and copper with different stones. This is Green Agate. Then the same artist, another local, who makes the Prayer Feathers (bought one last year) had these ornaments....
so I bought one for me and one for a gift. She uses real feathers and usually wolf or coyote fur. All in all we had a nice time and then home for football and rested my knee. Hope your Sunday was as pleasant.... and I do hope you have a great day today. Thank you for the visit and kind words.....

4 comments:

Sally said...

Hello Gracie

Lovely photos and you sound like you enjoyed it thoroughly.
Hope your therapy went well.

KimM said...

Hi, Gracie! Looks like a fun day. Hope you didn't need to yell too loudly during therapy and you're feeling better.
hugs
xxx

shirley flavell said...

Perhaps you might have been better off a little "groggy" from lack of sleep for your therapy session:-) Hope it went ok. I haven't heard of the music artists you talk about but I'm sure by the look of the photos that they were a pretty good sound.Like the prayer feathers. Hugs Shirley

rosey175 said...

The green agate ornament is beautiful, and seems somehow so peaceful! I hope you didn't have to yell too loud at the therapist.