Thursday, November 13, 2014

Angels

I would like to think that "my angel" takes care of me.....and the faeries tease me. I have several angels around my house..... and this Prim angel joins them----
She is Prim Velveteen Angel from Nickycreations ..... I can not wait to make a few more They would make lovely gifts. I have said that I am not a "Prim" stitcher and do not do many at all, however, I find that I have done more than I thought. I love Niky's patterns. This was a kit which you will find by clicking the link above. One year I may do an angel tree. Speaking of trees, Mr H was talking with my neighbor a few doors away and she already has her tree up. No Christmas arrives around the Horton House until December 1st. I like finish with one holiday at a time. Thanksgiving is Mr H's favorite one.The pumpkins remain around as do Fall theme until then. I have been laboring over Santa. I have had to frog some of the new stitching. Finally I think I have my solution. Remember, the original stitching is 19 years old and the colors are ...... well the white is not as bright. I did keep it rolled right side in so it is not soiled. Still, I cannot use straight white for his beard. The solution is using 2 strands of 3866 and 1 of white and it looks good. I never had a working copy so I am finding my way slowly with the pattern. I had hoped to be on the outlining by now. Oh well, it has been 19 years in the making so what is the rush now!
Today is the injection day and I am dreading it. I hate needles and especial large ones. I know, compared to what some are going through in their lives, my problem is no big deal and I do not want to sound like a wimpy whiner.  In the meantime, I will return to the sewing room to organize my self and maybe get a few more curls on Santa's beard done before going for the torture session..... glad you stopped by today. Your kind words and friendship make my day. Whatever your plans have a great day.

7 comments:

Nurdan Kanber said...

Prim Velveteen Angel looks so adorable ♥
Greetings from far away :)

Anne said...

A lovely angel at that too! I'm glad you don't put up decorations until the 1st. I think it's good to finish with one before starting the next. We actually saw someone with lights up before Remembrance day which is not kosher. We don't put ours up until December 15ish because we celebrate Christmas on the 7th so a month is good enough.

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie. I am praying your shot goes well today. I have had shots go both ways. Easy and good. Very painful and bad. Oh that yours may be easy and good.

Shirlee said...

Such a cute little angel : ) I'm joining in the prayers that all goes well with your shot.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

We all need angels to watch over us

shirley flavell said...

Lovely angel.Look forward to seeing Santa. Hugs Shirley

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I'm late Gracie, but I hope that the injection went well! Prayers for healing! I love your sweet prim Angel :)
AGREE about ending one holiday before starting another!