Friday, November 14, 2014

An update

Had the first of three injections yesterday. Mr H came along but waited in the comfort of the waiting area while I timidly walked into the torture room. The PA, Jennifer was very nice and I must say gentle. I asked her if I could just leave the knee, go for a coffee in the hospital cafeteria and and she sweetly said that I should not worry. It was two procedures; the first was to remove more fluid (16 cc) and then the injection. Both were painful and lucky for me quick. This will be the last time that I can have the fluid withdrawn because of the medication being injected. I am quite achy today. I did have to get a different brace so I will be trying that today at work. It is obvious that on injection day I will not be able to go to work. I returned home to ice and rest it. Santa is coming along.... My goal is to start the outlining Sunday, or Monday. So close to the finish! It is a bit chilly here in The Valley of the Sun....only 58 and temps is expected to be around the mid 70's today...guess I will have to dig out a sweater! The sun is someplace behind the clouds. Some flowers thrive with the cool temps...

 bright Petunias are today's sunshine. 
Hope it is lovely where you are. Thanks for stopping by and for the kind thoughts and well wishes for me. You certainly do make my day.

10 comments:

barbara woods said...

Praying for a good knee and the sun is shining here in Georgia but cold
High maybe 40

barbara woods said...

Praying for a good knee and the sun is shining here in Georgia but cold
High maybe 40

Vickie said...

You were brave, and the first injection is over and done. Let's hope these work very well for you.

Ninetta said...

hugs.

shirley flavell said...

Oohh thank goodness that one is over. hopefully your knee will be more comfortable later in the week. Your petunias look so happy and bright. We have white, pink and purple ones in bloom and look so lovely with all the roses and rhododendrons in flower with them but gosh the weather is TRASH here. No more said:-)Have a good week end Hugs Shirley N.Z.

Rachel said...

Sending prayers your way, what an ordeal! The flowers look lovely.

Caitlin D said...

Glad to see you had the beautiful flowers to brighten your day. Sadly it never reached 40 degrees this week. I am drowning in sweaters!

Ele said...

ouch! sorry to hear the injections were painful. Hope you will feel better soon

Sally said...

Hello Gracie

I'm sorry to hear that your treatment was painful and hope it works for you.
The petunias are beautiful.
I love the angel in your previous post x

Pam in IL said...

I hope the injections help and I'm sorry to hear that it was painful. I wish I could say 58 and 70 degrees is cool, but that would actually feel really warm compared to our 17F!