Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Finish work today

I over slept today, here it is 4:30 am and I am just getting out of bed. Coffee is brewing, my body is tired but my mind is asking what project next? First on the agenda is a visit to the torture room with Alicia for PT at 8 am. Then it will be home for much need ice and then it will begin. I have 2 ornaments ready to be finished. Both to be mailed tomorrow. Then and only then will I gather up the next 2 projects. Oh yes, I know which they are. One has been kitted for awhile just waiting and the other I just received as a gift. You will have to wait to see which they are. I can show you Santa....
he is off being framed at Jo Ann's and should be ready by December 3rd. A simple frame for him as he is old world and not fancy. I know some people do not like to do outlining, but it does bring everything out... it pops the design. You can see the difference in this 2 pictures.....
Now the bells jingle and the holly and berries pop. It really  makes a difference doesn't it. I look forward to having him displayed in time for Christmas. I have signed up for a Christmas Card Exchange.... I love sending Christmas cards. This will be a simple card no gift exchange. At this time of year it is nice to do something so simple as this. I send electronic ones also, not as nice maybe of having one in hand, but they are animated and musical. I smell my coffee so off I must go. Glad you visited today and thank you for the kind words and your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

13 comments:

Sally said...

Hello Gracie

Santa looks fantastic!
Best wishes for your torture session and have a good day.

Shirlee said...

Your Santa is amazing! I pray all goes well with PT. Christmas card exchange? Where? Is it too late to join?

Shelly said...

At least you can get the torture room out of the way quickly. Yes, the details on Santa do stand out, especially around the eyes. Have a nice day, Gracie!

Nurdan Kanber said...

He is one of the most beautiful woodland Santas, I've ever seen!
His face is just amazing!
Your stitching is admirable too♥

Vickie said...

Santa is splendid! Can't wait til he returns. So glad you will have him up this season.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I hope the therapy etc is helping and is worth the discomfort. You get up so early in the day - that would be the middle of the night to me.

Caitlin D said...

Santa is wonderful. I love the backstitching on him. You're right, it does make it pop.
Hope all goes well in the torture chamber!

diamondc said...

OW OW and Ow I hope pt goes well for you, the people who seem to want to make us feel better sometimes make me feel like they are really out to torture us on purpose.
Love the Santa I look forward to seeing him hanging on your wall.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Catherine

butterfly said...

Love Santa. Your stitching is looking great.

Annie said...

Beautiful work on Santa! I did this one a couple years ago and he's one of my favorites.

jocondine said...

Your Santa is really great, like these classic look. Best wishes.

shirley flavell said...

Adore your santa, congrats on completing him. Hope your PT session was ok. Hugs Shirley

Brigitte said...

So fantastic, your Santa. And you are right, all the backstitching is absolutely worth it. Can't wait to see him framed.