Yesterday when I shared my enjoyable Sunday outing I forgot to show you this...
my little papoose. Isn't he adorable! he is wrapped in soft white alpaca type fabric and adorned with feathers and strapped to him is a turquoise bear which is for the Native Americans is a symbol of strength and healing. This year I will decorate a Southwest tree and he will be right there front and center. I usually begin to set up Christmas around the first of December. This year I feel eager to get it started......
I can not forget today is Veteran's Day...my dad was a very patriotic man and passed that on to me.
I pay tribute to him as well as all who have and are serving our country. Dad always gave us a poppy to wear and I still wear it proudly each November 11th.
Yesterday was therapy day #1... and not too bad a session. Did you know that Physical Therapists now introduce themselves as "doctor"? They complete a doctorate program hence the title. Anyway, Alicia is my therapist. I have my assigned exercises to do at home and five more session with her. Although she is very nice, I did wince quite a lot. I will also be wearing a pull on type of knee brace especially for work. Oh, did I mention that Mr H planted my snap beans and someone ate two plants. To say that he is a bit upset would be an under statement. I would not put it past him to install barbed wire! Right now there is netting around the plants.... not sure what I will find by the time I return from work today.... work... I am sure it will be a nut house at Jo Ann's. Think I better go relax because I have a feeling it will be a long 5 hours later. Whatever your plans are for today, I hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you for your kind wishes and words....and most of all for your friendship.
my little papoose. Isn't he adorable! he is wrapped in soft white alpaca type fabric and adorned with feathers and strapped to him is a turquoise bear which is for the Native Americans is a symbol of strength and healing. This year I will decorate a Southwest tree and he will be right there front and center. I usually begin to set up Christmas around the first of December. This year I feel eager to get it started......
I can not forget today is Veteran's Day...my dad was a very patriotic man and passed that on to me.
I pay tribute to him as well as all who have and are serving our country. Dad always gave us a poppy to wear and I still wear it proudly each November 11th.
Yesterday was therapy day #1... and not too bad a session. Did you know that Physical Therapists now introduce themselves as "doctor"? They complete a doctorate program hence the title. Anyway, Alicia is my therapist. I have my assigned exercises to do at home and five more session with her. Although she is very nice, I did wince quite a lot. I will also be wearing a pull on type of knee brace especially for work. Oh, did I mention that Mr H planted my snap beans and someone ate two plants. To say that he is a bit upset would be an under statement. I would not put it past him to install barbed wire! Right now there is netting around the plants.... not sure what I will find by the time I return from work today.... work... I am sure it will be a nut house at Jo Ann's. Think I better go relax because I have a feeling it will be a long 5 hours later. Whatever your plans are for today, I hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you for your kind wishes and words....and most of all for your friendship.

4 comments:
Hello Gracie
I love the little papoose and look forward to seeing your south west tree.
A lovely photo of your father, today is special in England too.
I do hope that no-one has eaten any more of Mr H's snap beans!
Have a good day x
Hope your knee is feeling better.
Great photo of your father It's a special day here .
We celebrate November 11th as well.Keep up with the physio exercises hopefully it will pay off Gracie (in a good way).Rotten sod whoever ate the snap beans. My husband would hide and try to catch the rotten little you know what:-)Have a good day hugs Shirley N.Z.
Oh, a SW tree...that little papoose will just be the thing to have the stage on it this year! :)
Your Daddy was handsome, without brave men like him, we wouldn't live in the land of the free!
Post a Comment