Sunday, August 3, 2014

Page 1, at the corner

It is just so quiet....the only sound is the ticking of the clock's pendulum. It just struck 5 (am). The morning newspaper has not yet arrived and I have not had my cup of coffee. Later today I will be going to my Tatting Meet-up but for now, it is just me up and about.Yesterday was a nice relaxing day. The sky was cloudy most of the day and some thunder could be heard last night. In the afternoon, I began Elizabeth...
well, her skirt. I have am ready to turn the bottom left corner. The colors are so pretty and I love working with these Gloriana silk threads. While it is quiet and little to distract me, I will  continue to work on her skirt. First, I must have some coffee and breakfast. Slice of toast and a hard boiled egg sound about right. thank you for visiting with me and for your kind words. I am happy to have you as a friend. Enjoy your day.

Friendship is a knot tied by angels’ hands.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Your stitching is beautiful, and your morning sounds lovely and peaceful! Enjoy your day:)

Vickie said...

I love early, quiet mornings too. :) I see you are starting a truly beautiful project.

Bev said...

Looks like a beautiful piece you have started and with Glorianna threads too xx

Bev said...

Looks like a beautiful piece you have started and with Glorianna threads too xx

Julie said...

Sounds like a lovely start to your day....lovely colours in this new project.

shirley flavell said...

A great start to the day.Don't seem to be able to get Gloriana threads in N.Z.I have tried to in the past but been told to use something else.Look forward to seeing the progress with your "Elizabeth".Shirley N.Z.

Annette-California said...

I too cherish quite mornings.
WOOHOO great start & beautiful progress on Elizabeth. LOVE IT!!!
love Annette

cucki said...

Aww looks like a cute start..
Sweet hugs x

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

The skirt is coming along and the colors are gorgeous! :)