Monday, August 4, 2014

Busy busy......

I have been a bit busy. Yesterday was my Tatting Meet-up and it was get. Several ladies stopped and a few asked to join us for September. Hope they do join us. One of the ladies who did come was a 99 yer old lady. She has been tatting for 80 years! I thought I would get some tats in, but The Debra and I were too busy explaining and signing them up. Good day. I did get to find a frame for Hummingbird Garden...
.....plain and simple. Oh I see my reflection...sorry about that. Just think of it as Gracie the Ghost! There is another chart in this booklet but I will have to wait to do that one. This is why I choose this frame...
it is from the same collection as Clematis and since I was going to hang them together, I thought it would look nice. They are on the wall with the slider that exits to our lanai into the garden. Perfect place I think. I did work on Elizabeth....
I would have had more stitched but going out to Tat for a few hours prevented that. I also spent some time organizing myself with it. I separated one strand of silk from each 5 yard hank and wound it on a clothespin and labelled them of course. I also decided to start the center designs as I came to them stitching the inside border so I will not have to count for placement later. Love the colors.
Our day is partly cloudy. Last evening we had a pouring rain which lasted all of 5 minutes.... as quickly as it started it ended. Other than a trip to the Post Office to mail out my RR piece, I plan to stitch. Now if Mr H cooperates and has no errands, that will be my day. Around here, there is no such thing as plans, everything is on the fly. With that, I must "fly" now and make a cup of tea and stitch, Elizabeth awaits my company. Have a wonderful day. It was so nice to visit and chat with you.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful framed pieces...
Sweet stitches on your new project :)
Hugs x

Shelly said...

Your framing looks great! Have a great day with Elizabeth.

Lelia said...

Lovely needlework .... tatting for 80 years!! oh my.

KimM said...

WOW! tatting - I tried it, but discovered I'm horribly inept. My fingers just don't work that way. Love your project - and what lovely finishes!
xxx

Brigitte said...

Your two framed pieces look wonderful next to each other.
Great progress on the doll.

Julie said...

Your frames looks perfect hung together.
A 99 year old tatter ... how exciting, I wonder what lovely things she has made over the years. It's lovely to meet with new friends.
Have a lovely day. x

Annette-California said...

Hummingbirds looks gorgeous framed.
WOW you made lovely progress on Elizabeth. Darling idea of using clothes pins for your floss:)
love Annette