Friday, August 1, 2014

The Hummers are all here!

We a have a cloudy hot morning. I think we just may get some rain. There was lightening last night and some light rain during the late night so just maybe more today. You can never tell with the Monsoon season what is going on. I do know that is really affecting my asthma today. The laundry #3 is in the dryer and Hummingbird Garden is ready for a frame...
I am so pleased with it. I had  to walk away a few times just to relax from the confetti stitching, but it really is pretty. I know just the frame I plan to get. It matches the one for Clematis as this will hang with that. I did of course make a change. I did not like the fence posts entirely outlined, so I did a skipping of stitches and only on one side. One hummer is not exactly in the spot... off by maybe a stitch or two but I did not think it would make a big difference. Mr H really likes it. I also finished the ornament but do not have quite the right backing fabric, so that will wait until I get that when I go to Jo Ann's on Sunday for my Tatting Meet-up.There are 2 gals who stopped in Jo Ann's asking about our group but I can never reach them by phone! My last try is today! I have been so busy with my cross stitching that I have not been tatting....I look forward to the push of being with The Debra to have shuttle in hand again. I hope to begin work on Elizabeth, the pincushion doll soon. I have such high expectations of myself to do all these things! It is time for another cup of coffee and a few minutes of relaxation before I tackle the next thing. Glad you came by today and whatever yu do, enjoy your day.

16 comments:

Annie said...

Hello

Just found your through Hooked on Stitches blog.
A beautiful finish, very pretty!
Happy weekend!

geeky Heather said...

Congratulations on the lovely finish...I like what you did with the fence posts. =)

Vickie said...

Oh how wonderful! And just perfect, because of your garden and hummers.

Heather S said...

The hummingbird stitchery is looking so beautiful. Can't wait to see what frame you use.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a lovely finished piece, confetti stitching is a pain to do but so very effective.

valerie said...

Congratulations on your hummers finish! It's beautiful! Can't wait to see your start on the doll. It's such a unique project that I am tempted to jump onboard. Hope you have a nice weekend!

Lelia said...

Wonderful needlework! The hummingbird/garden is spectacular.

Job well done

shirley flavell said...

Love your hummingbird stitchery. Shirley N.Z.

rosey175 said...

Lovely finish and I'm a bit jealous of your knowing just what frame to use! I can never pick unless one just leaps out of no where and lends itself to a project. :D

cucki said...

Wow it's super beautiful
I love the sweet stitch so much
Big hugs x

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Your hammers are delightful!

Sally said...

Beautiful finish Gracie :)

prettylittlethingsinabox said...

A splendid finish and I love Hummingbirds.. they are such a delight to see..;) thank you for sharing..

Barb said...

Stunning X-stitch!!
Barb :)

Brigitte said...

Oh gracie, this is so beautiful. Confetti stitching is a bit slow going but the effect of it is awesome. Congratulations on finishing this wonderful picture.

Julie said...

So very beautiful.