Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mail and a Hummer

Love to get mail... I know we all do. My Round Robin exchange from Heather arrived...
isn't it pretty. I requested that my partners stitch flowers for me. I have mailed out to her and hope she gets it soon. But we all know how finicky the mail can be and especially with a custom form attached. I am not sure what/how I will use my pieces. I know some of you have a tree that remains up all year long with this or that on it...a thought.  I am just about finished with my next RR exchange piece. This has been my first RR and it has been fun. I love doing exchanges!
There is a new Hummingbird in the garden...
and a rose bush has grown. Our little rose bush has not been doing well with all this heat. If it can make it through the rest of the summer and winter, I think it will be a pretty bush next year. Yesterday as I drove home the temp was 110. Taking care of the garden is a challenge.  Mr H just planted some sunflower seeds; he is very persistent. This morning the Desert Mobile goes to the Hyundai dealer for a scheduled check-up so I hope to get some stitching done while I wait. Usually getting there for 7 am, a first appointment and it might take an hour so I wait instead of coming back home then having to go back out in a short time. I also picked up the new Piecework magazine yesterday so I will have something to read instead of a golf magazine in the waiting area.  In my neighborhood as a child we did not play golf...we played horseshoes and of course bocce. I can't see hitting a tiny ball and then going to find it and hit it again...All those golf carts. Out here we have them driving on some of the streets.... a hazard, but that is another story for another time. Speaking of time, thank you for sharing some of your time with me today. Thank you for the kind words and friendship...have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

butterfly said...

What a lovely Round Robin from Heather so pretty.

Love the other stitching you are working on .

Have a great day , and your sunflowers grow up to the sky.

Heather said...

How pretty!

And, goodness, it is warm where you are. We are so lucky to be having a cool summer.

Heather S said...

Gorgeous swap from Heather, will be lovely to see what you do with it and your x-stitch is looking beautiful. Have to agree on golf...not for me, but I do also love bocce.

shirley flavell said...

Lovely stitcheries Gracie. Gosh it sounds like the heat over your way is pretty relentless. You need to come down under for a holiday to cool off :-)Shirley N.Z.

Sally said...

Lovely round robin piece from Heather.

Very pretty hummingbird.

Wow I could not stand 110! It's been too hot for me over here and it's been nowhere near that!

cucki said...

aww sweet round robin from lovely heather :)
i love your stitching so much..
sweet hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Julie said...

Very pretty RR from Heather.

Heather said...

Oh im so glad my Round Robin arrived safe and well ... yes I have received yours and thank you so very much :) Life had been one long day her of late with the children being off school for summer and my new Grandaughter born!! Kiddies are now back to school so with luck I can get back to 'Me' haha. Take care xxxxx