Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A blueberry story

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments on our Arizona Bound journey. I will tell you this: we are still very happy to be living here in Arizona, we are sad that we no longer have our "passengers" from the journey with us, We never did find the box of pans! and remember we did a final check through the house when loading the truck, still a mystery. We have seen so many changes in Arizona since moving here as well in the people we have met. This weekend, we said goodbye to Joe, our next door neighbor who passed away. We will have a void in our lives. His wife Louise is still with us and I hope for a long time to come. Truth be told, we both feel our ages about now! From time to time I may post from the journal that I kept for the first year... just some experiences you may like to read about.  On to my stitching. I finally got to frame Blueberries...
I found the frame in a second hand store for $2.00...not bad and have it temporarily hanging for this picture....not sure where in the kitchen it will be. I really had to stitch this. You see, I have some wonderful memories as a little girl picking blueberries in the wild. We spent many a summer weekend at the lakeside home of a "family" member. The house was steps from the water edge and circling the lake was a wooded area with many many blueberry bushes. We  would pick and eat and pick and eat. To this day whenever I eat a blueberry I remember those wonderful days.
I also started a Christmas ornament for my tree on the linen that I dyed...
excuse the wrinkles as I am stitching this without a hoop. I love the tree... it is stitched with a closed herringbone stitch which adds so much texture. The tiny sheep is stitched with 2 strands over one in tent stitch which also gives them feeling. I am loving this one. I just may make it again for a gift. I am off to work today...I have been enjoying this one day a week schedule.... more time for stitching!
I am so pleased we get to spend time together... wouldn't it be nice if we met in person?! In the meantime, thank you for the kind words and hope you have a wonderful day.
I would like to share a picture I took last night ....
love the clouds and especially at sunset....

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Such beautiful stitching , love the cloud photo.
Have a lovely week.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Your stitching is gorgeous! Blueberries have had a bumper crop this year, I think due to the rain and coolness :) They are delicious this year too!
Sorry to read of your neighbor, may he rest in peace.

Vickie said...

I am the one who asked you about the pans. See, I just don't GET that. That kind of thing drives me mad!!!!! How, HOW can something disappear?!

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous stitching... Hmmm well things do get shoved behind other things. They may still turn up or maybe they are happily living with the many odd socks which always disappear. Love clouds..my hubby and I are always making up stories for clouds.

And This Little Pig said...

Beautiful stitching Gracie, great photo, aren't clouds wonderful! Yes it would be wonderful to meet one day... that great American trip :@

Libbie

Ele said...

Love the way you finished blueberries. I also have very fond memories linked to them. Summer days, fresh air, lots of laughs... I suppose this is what captured me when I saw the chart!
Sorry about your neighbor, my thoughts are with you all

cucki said...

such sweet stitching,,,
clouds are so lovely.i love them.
big hugs x

Julie said...

Perfect frame for blueberries