Saturday, June 28, 2014

Hello out there.....

Do you ever wonder what has become of some of our blogging friends? Do you contact them to see what is going on in their lives? I have noticed a few blogs that have not appeared on my radar recently and when I look back they have not been active in a long time. Time certainly gets in the way of blogging, family issues, health or other reasons. I think I may try to reach some of them that I miss reading about. Just the thought of my earlier morning.... now I am on to the laundry, the umbrellas and stitching.
This is my yesterday start..... it is from Crossed Wing Collection No. 15. It has been one of the ones bought and forgotten about...until Mr H spotted it on the wall in The Attic a few weeks ago.and said how it liked it. So, I finally pulled it out the 45 or so DMC colors and dyed the fabric a light blue a week or so ago, and sat and stitched on and off yesterday. I also have pulled a few Christmas ornament patterns and fabric so I can get started on them. Speaking of fabric, how do you store your fabric for cross stitch? I decided awhile back to iron and roll and tag and place in a basket...
this way they are at the ready except for the edge stitching. I use a small zig zag for the edges. The only fabric in the closet is that which is still in the packages, have not gotten around to that yet. And I do not keep the basket outside...the light was better there for the picture! Although, it does look nice by the vinca vine.
The morning is already quite warm at 91 and will be hotter soon. My glass is filled with ice and Gatorade Rain so I will be off now. Glad you stopped by and thank you for the kind words. Enjoy your day.

10 comments:

Rachael Ball said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael Ball said...

It's so thoughtful of you to try and reach out to those who don't blog anymore. You are right, so many things get in the way of blogging but we do have a lovely community of people...one I am just new to, and its always lovely when someone leaves a note or comment.

I love how you have your fabric stored. I am a newbie so don't have that much stash as yet but I am always picking up tips!!

Xx

Shelly said...

I pile my fabrics on a shelf on a bookshelf. I have those craft bin towers that I should be using for my fabrics. Just haven't gotten around to that yet. I miss those Bloggers who are MIA too. I can't remember the name of her blog but she was married to an Irishman living in Ireland. Her pics were big and bright and the subject matter (samplers!) beautiful. My comments on blogs have been turning into novels lately. Must have lots to say! Have a nice day, Gracie!

stitchersanon said...

It is sad and I do keep in touch with some but sometimes life just takes a different pathway and while they wonder away sometimes they come back too xx

Lelia said...

You are a good person. sometimes facebook is easier than a blog post, and summer so hectic.

lovely stitching. 45 colors? a challenge!

most fabric lays flat in box. once i start a project, usually put on scroll bars. if small enough< layflat in a bin. im messy

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie - yes I know what you mean about bloggers who 'go'... I guess it goes to show that we don't really know what's going on their lives and that blogging is often the first thing to stop when problems arise. Sometimes another platform becomes more interesting; I have a few friends who were blogging, but now are more into instagram & facebook.

What a pretty way to store your fabrics, very sweet x

cucki said...

My dear such a sweet stitching..I love it so much..
And I love your sweet fabric basket..yummy :)
I am here always for you..blog or acebook..I am always with you
Big hugs xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I agree, I always wonder where people go. I promise that if I decide to stop blogging for any reason I will do a little post saying "goodbye"!!

I have emailed people to see if they are OK and sometimes get a response which is nice.

I love your basket of fabric. I store mine in three large bags labelled with the count and the size. 28 in one bag, 32 in another and the randoms in a third bag.

Anne said...

I too have often wondered about people who stop blogging. I have sent them an email as well to see how things are...most of the time I get a response. Beautiful stitching Gracie and I love storing linens that way. I just need to find a basket to put them all in!

Hugs

And This Little Pig said...

Thank you my friend for touching base with me... maybe I'll get round to updating at the weekend xox
Libbie ~ ATLP