Sunday, June 22, 2014

A beautiful morning in the garden

I sat outside for about an hour before it felt too warm for me. It is 86 right now but the Arizona sun always feels hot. The Resident hummingbird spent lots of time chasing away 2 other hummers.... they are very territorial and he does not want to share the feeder.

 This little female got a few sips before He shooed her away. I never tire of watching thee tiny birds.
 So, I put a second one out and I am sure it will not be too long before they discover it. Hopefully he will not think both belong to him!
I began to stitch a must have design from The Primitive Hare...just had to start it as soon as I saw it. I love the way my coffee dyed fabric turned out ...
I plan to stitch on this today...Clematis has waited since 1999 to be finished, a day or two won't be too long. We are so lucky to have such talented designers to tempt us daily! So often they share a freebie. I am so glad to spend time with you today....hope you day is grand.
Arizona Bound
2004
It is somewhat overwhelming... the house sold in just 2 days, for the asking price! My packing and organizing the boxes is going better than I hoped.
The yard sales, well, let me put it to you this way...never more. People asking if they could have instead of buying! To be fair, it has been going well. Some people asked for more than what we put out..."Do you have something more in the house?
" We did, and we sold off the walls, out of a room... not bad. Our plan to travel is scheduled for July 20th. I have already made arrangements for a 15 foot Penske truck.  As I look around my lovely home, I will miss so much of it. Dennis is beginning to question this move! What is he thinking?! I have made it clear, we are going, or at least I am. He can have his pug Zoe and find a place to live here, but Sherlock and I are moving! This was his idea in the first place and he convinced me, so there is no going back now.  Everyday he comes in from work and looks at the boxes..... he usually mumbles something... I tune it out. The dogs are very curious. I am increasingly curious on how they will handle a 6 day journey in a moving vehicle.... must get papers for them from the vet.... must gather all our medical info... I bought a file box to take along. The lists continue with every one I cross off as done. Just about a month away now.....

4 comments:

cucki said...

Aww sweet bird :)
Enjoy your day
Hugs x

Vickie said...

I am sure I would have had quite a few doubts too!

Shelly said...

Wow, to move to Phoenix in July! By the way, your fabric does look pretty good. I've joined The Primitive Hare group for the Mystery SAL and waiting for my fabric. I'm seeing some finishes of the bee freebie and may start that myself. I wish there were two of me sometimes!

Julie said...

Your Primitive Hare is looking lovely.
The humming bird is so beautiful, it must be wonderful to see them close up and enjoy watching their behaviour.
Have a lovely day Gracie xx