Thursday, June 26, 2014

Clematis in full bloom

A wonderful relaxing day yesterday. Thank you Julie and Anne for giving me permission to sit and stitch instead of doing chores! Must admit, it did not take much pushing for me to do so.
The morning light is still soft so the linen is not showing white, but the colors are nice. The outlining was more work than the stitching due to the way it is printed, but I managed to get it done.
I like the way the vines look....and the detail to the blooms is nice....there I took some liberties as I could not distinguish some of the line placement. All in all, it will look nice framed. Today I will look for a frame at Jo Ann's when I go in to work. I may frame this myself. The finished stitched area is 10 1/2 by 5 1/2. I think simple will look good. Since I will not be stitching this again...it is up for grabs.Anyone interested?
I am already thinking of the next project, or I should say 3 projects. If my upcoming work schedule is like this past weeks, I will surely enjoy some good stitching time.
This angel has been with me about 20 years now.... She gets to stay outdoors here in Arizona year round, but during the winters in RI she stayed inside. I see her each morning when I look out my kitchen window.... Love having Angels and Faeries in the garden. There are many interesting things in our garden....
As always, it is so nice to share my time with you. Thank you for your kind words and I hope you have a good day.

11 comments:

Julie said...

Avery delightful finish, so pretty.

Your little angel is lovely, very similar to one I have who sits under my pear tree at the bottom of the garden.

Don't work too hard! x

Rachael Ball said...

I love your finish. The BS has really brought it to life xx

cucki said...

Aww such a sweet angel..she is so much me..so cute..
Beautiful stitches..well done dear
Big hugs xxx

Cindy's Stitching said...

Really pretty.

Shelly said...

Very pretty design. Enjoy your stitching time!

Blu said...

What a pretty finish!

Brigitte said...

Absolutely wonderful, your stitched clematis. We have lots of them in the garden at the moment and I hope they will stay in bloom much longer.

Sally said...

Your clematis is beautiful Gracie. It really stands out with the backstitch.

Love your angel. I really should get one for my garden.

Annie said...

Lovely finish! So glad you decided to stitch instead of do chores! I did the same;)

Anthea said...

Oh stitching should always be done before the chores!
Your stitches are just perfect Gracie, it's such a delicate design, well done.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your clematis looks lovely. It doesn't matter if the backstitch is not exactly as per the chart on a design like this, sometimes free style is better!