Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer Postcard and a finish

Jo always finds something for us to participate in. This time it is the Summer Post Card Blog Hop and I am the first to get a "post card"...From Marcy at Stitching Plus
This is what Marcy has to say about her garden..........
"My garden adds life and color to my yard. I'm always thrilled to see the butterflies, birds and other critters that visit (except for the Japanese beetles, them I could do without).  Every spring a pair of chickadees moves into the bird house and has a little family.  I love it.  Makes me smile every time.
I wonder who will get mine?
I also finished Litha: Summer Solstice, a design from The Primitive Hare....
I decided to finish it as a door hanger. I used several different paints to get just the color I wanted... but of course, it is difficult to see in the picture. I added a dimensional bee to the hanger. I love the way my coffee dyed fabric turned out. I found the fabric in my stash and used the listed DMC colors.  I dropped everything to stitch this...except Saturday when I found it, was a work day so I stitched this on Sunday. This morning is our monthly stitch group.... always look forward to catching up with the gals and seeing what everyone is working on. I will take Clematis to work on.Well, my dear friends, I love having you visit and your kind words warm my heart. Hope your day is wonderful.

11 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Marcy's work is lovely. Such fun the blog hop is.
Your door hanger is really great. I printed that pattern off because I saw it here. Thanks.

Julie said...

A beautiful stitched postcard from Marcy in the blog hop.

Your little bee finish to adorable.

cucki said...

A very sweet post card and very pretty finish my dear..
Sweet hugs x

Shelly said...

Great idea, Gracie! It looks really nice.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for posting the postcard!

I love the way you have finished your bee design, it looks great as a door hanger. The 3D bee is the perfect finishing touch too.

Marcy said...

Hi Gracie. I'm glad you like my postcard 😊 I love your bee door hanger. It looks great with the little bee button added on.

Brigitte said...

So great to see that the blog hop has started. So very nice, the postcard that Marcy sent you.

jocondine said...

Great to begin this "all around world" gardens walk with you and Marcy ! Your lovely bee looks "royal". xxx ;)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely finish!

Astrids dragon said...

Just beautiful, love all the colours!

thegreytail said...

I find your door hanger really sweet, I should use this kind of finishing more often!
Marcy's garden sounds delightful, lucky her!