Monday, June 30, 2014

Those pesky Quails

Spent yesterday stitching....
Oh, I know it does not look like much progress.... but building the fence was a chore.... and not I have the
foxgloves finished, I have started on the Lavender plants. I also organized the upcoming projects....
There are four ready to go projects on the craft table....I do need to pick up a few threads for 3 however. Tomorrow when I go to work I will get them. Laundry #2 in the dryer, and the umbrellas are open. Now I can return to the stitching chair and work on the Hummingbird Garden.
Remember our conversation yesterday about bloggers? I sent out 6 emails and 2 responded back. I just wanted them to know I was missing their posts. As I mention the work missing.... I sent my Round Robin exchange out to Cucki, South Africa, on June 3. It finally left departed LA on the 5th and she still has not received it! Sending packages through customs has been nerve racking. I do hope it arrives soon.
Recently the Quails have decided to relax in a pot of Hibiscus just about every afternoon which is not making Mr H happy....we now know why the plant is looking less than nice. They hop in and dig around the plant to make a nice rest stop, then the both of them (a pair) settle down for a rest.....
They do look cute..to me, not Mr H. This is out in front of our living room window. It has been so hot for them... and near by is the birdbath for a quick drink of water. The temps today are expected to be around 108. So I say, let them rest where ever they want. I am amazed at how critters survive these hot days.
Well, time for a tall cold drink... iced water and lemon slices...glad you were able to visit with me today and thank you for the kind words. You always make my day! Enjoy your day....
“If you smile when you are alone, then you really mean it.”
―Andy Rooney

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, I can understand the nerve wracking stuff with overseas postage.
The quail couple are darling. :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I don't think I could cope with that level of heat, I'm too used to living in the cold climate that is Scotland. I agree, those quails are very cute.

shirley flavell said...

The Quails look lovely. The dear little birds. Do they frighten off when you approach them?I wouldn't cope with the heat you are currently getting. I would need to hibernate into an air con. room and not do very much. Do hope your parcel gets through to Cucki. Shirley N.Z.

cucki said...

The quails look lovely ..so sweet
Posts is very slow ..I am sure the parcel will come home soon :)
Sending you cool hugs x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is the second blog in a row to feature quails! Garden Grumbles has a whole load of photos of baby quails, very sweet.

I really hope Cucki gets your parcel, I send her one two years ago which never arrived. I do hate it when that happens, especially when there is something hand-made inside.

Annette-California said...

Sweet quails! Sorry Mr. H:)
I'm sure Cucki will get your package. love Annette