Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Oh my aching back-----

I did hear from another "missing" blogger...so happy they have taken time to respond. Three out of six is pretty good. Time just gets in the way some times. Just glad that this gals are okay. We here at the Horton House are back with issues. Mr H is not feeling well and we are off to the doctor today, and I think I twisted the wrong way yesterday lifting a full bolt of Warm and Natural at work. I did manage to get stitching done on the Hummingbird Garden ...Lavender is all planted. Wish my lavender in the garden looked as good! The heat is taking a toll on the garden. Mr H now has asked that I give the garden some water when I open the umbrellas.
Look how green this wall of plants looks. This is as you enter the yard from the back gate, and this is the garage wall. We have many potted plants in the yard. That way Mr H can move them about as the mood strikes him. I picked up more DMC floss yesterday for the projects that I will be doing as well as some Perle cotton for the embroidery project. I no longer plan to wrap the floss on the cards, instead, I will be using the floss bags and then keeping them on rings. Next I will come up with a way to store them.....always trying new ideas. Other than the doctor appointment, my plans are to relax and stitch. Much too hot to go anywhere. We are into our Monsoon season but so far there has been no rain.... just heat. Glad you dropped by today.... hope your day is great.
Arizona Bound
2004
Well it is count down to move day. The Day is July 20. I printed out maps for the best drive from Rhode Island to Phoenix Arizona. Are they for real? Estimated drive time 40 hours and 32 minutes and distance 2668.45 miles! We will be picking up the truck on July 19 and then it will be pack it up time. The boxes are all ready in order. My neighbor Linc bought our dining room set so this room has not been the box room.  It is strange to move about the house and have so many empty places.... wall space that is bare. All the necessary paper work for the move is in the file box. The pooches are always sniffing around the boxes. I have a basket with their toys with the boxes so they will have that to poke around instead of scratching the boxes. A lovely neighbor stopped me the other day when i was walking one of the pooches. She and I have had some nice conversations. She was in concentration camp and often would share her thoughts. I will miss her and she gave me a hug and said she hoped I would never forget her or her stories. I will always remember. There are many things I will remember.....things I will miss, people and places. A new adventure will soon begin. New places and people and memories to be made.

5 comments:

cucki said...

wow this wall is looking so cute..
sending you big hugs..
take care and relax and rest some
hugs x

Vickie said...

I hope you get answers at the doctor appt. Take it easy with your back now.
Do you still remember your neighbor's stories?

Annette-California said...

Awe Gracie Hope your feeling better soon. Relaxing and stitching are just what you should do!
love Annette

Julie said...

~Hope all goes well for Mr H and the doctor can help him feel better.


xxx

Ben Watson said...

HI,
I just finished reading the content and that was very helpful. For more information please take a look at aching back.