Saturday, July 5, 2014

Storm = stitching time

Yesterday my co-chair for the HOA and I walked the property to check for damage caused by the storm on Thursday evening.
We lost this lovely tree in one of the courtyards and we did find some roof damage here and there. Nothing too major. We did manage to get the tree cleared yesterday. One of our skylights has been lifted slightly due to the shingles around it being lifted. The dust from the dust storm which preceded the rain was everywhere...is still everywhere. It is a fine powder that is hard to sweep away. Today is starting out with clouds and the chance of more rain.... the garden will not need watering again. Speaking of the garden, we did loose one plant because of the 45 mile winds... our clay upside down pot with a rose bush. The miniature rose bush has been re-potted the broken pot now rests in the garden here and there. I am not sure we could even get another as the landscaping business where we found it closed a couple of years ago.
I have kept busy with stitching and finishing. My Round Robin piece is ready to be mailed, an embroidery for my sis Lynowl is ready to mail, and I have started a small project. Then I framed Clematis and Mr H hung it for me.......
I found a nice simple frame at Jo Ann's and voila.... I am pleased. I will gladly send this pattern to someone interested, just leave a comment on this post. Have you been following my Arizona Bound story. As I include it with my posts, I feel like it was just yesterday and not 10 years ago. If you missed any of it, just find it listed in the  sidebar on the left under Labels.
Thank you for the loving and kind words for Mr H and I... your friendship has been an important part of my life. Hope you have a grand day.
Arizona Bound
2004
A realization; this will be our last 4th of July gathering with the family. The last birthday celebration with our lovely niece Tonya. Such mixed emotions. Happy and sad thoughts all at once. I can not help but feel excited with the thoughts of a new adventure, a new lifestyle. Will Dennis be able to accept retirement has come into my mind. June 30th was his last work day and he has been busy helping me get everything ready. My tasks are the organizing for the move, his are to continue to get the property and house ready for the new buyers. A couple who will be moving here to Rhode Island for a few years while she teaches at Brown Univversity. I have been preparing them a list of things; how to care for the Coi fish and the pond during the winter, how to use the heaters for the pond and birdbath  and just a few other things about the neighborhood. I am already missing my neighborhood...

10 comments:

cucki said...

Oh dear it was a bad storm and it's so sad when a huge tree gone like this..
Beautiful stitching ..looking so pretty xx

butterfly said...

Beautiul stitching.
I didn't know you had bad storms there , we get them every year.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I can't imagine moving all that distance, it's quite an overwhelming thought to pick up everything and move.

Shelly said...

Clematis looks great. I watched the news all night about that dust storm and wondered who it would hit. My two brothers live in Phoenix, one near Tempe and the other up off Bell Road. Good to see your community didn't suffer real bad. A tree damaged down there is a loss though.

Brigitte said...

That must have been a bad storm. Good to know that there was only minor damage to the house.
Your Clematis picture looks gorgeous.
Enjoy the rest of your long weekend.

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Qué pena el daño de tu casa con el árbol. No me imagino la tormenta si están en verano. Aquí pleno invierno, mucho frío, viento y lluvia.
Tus bordados preciosos
gracias por pasar por mi blog.
Un beso
Maru
Chile

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

glad you are safe and well, here in New Brunswick where I live close to Moncton we just got allot of wind and rain. Not any damage. Don't know about Nova Scotia thou. If I could have that chart I would love to stitch and then pass it on to the next person who wants it. I have a blog Purple Pixie Dust. You can email me at Jasmine_Ms,Button@hotmail.com if you want to give it to me.
Hoping your move gose great and hubby enjoys his retirement. big hugs lynda ruth

rosey175 said...

It's always sad to lose a tree to a storm and good luck battling your dust! We live in the middle of corn / soybean / wheat fields and at harvest time I might as well give up on cleaning for a week or two! :)

I caught up on your Arizona Bound posts; it's amazing for you to pack up and migrate to such a different climate! I believe it's the monsoon season down there at the moment so I hope that won't cause you any problems. It will be a beautiful drive although long.

Anthea said...

Gracie that's a shame about the storm damage, but glad you are ok... I send you good wishes as you & MrH continue to get ready for moving...

Julie said...

Clematis looks beautiful in its new frame.
I hope no one was injured in your storm, poor tree, always sad when nature causes such upset.