Sunday, December 22, 2013

Soup's On

Well not exactly, but it was yesterday. The management team at our Jo Ann's set out a feast of soups for the staff...all day. There was Jarlsberg Broccoli, White Chilli, Chicken Corn Chowder, Smoked Pulled Pork and BBQ sauce on the side, Elk & Beef Chilli, Vegetarian Vegetable  and Chicken Noodle Soup. There were rolls, and cookies, and Tortilla chips.  I was encouraged to try the Elk Chilli by MOD Jan who made it...,and I survived! It was all so good. The  day itself was pretty good....
I finally have no ornaments to stitch, no Christmas presents to take care of and the headache from yesterday is long gone. I think I will spend some time in the sewing room putting away supplies and start my list of to Do for the upcoming year. I have some UFO's that really need attention and a few kits I put together that never got touched. There are too many things I want to do. Just maybe if I tried...key word is try to plan a few like I did when I did the 2011 challenge, just maybe I will accomplish what I have instead of buying some new charts. Sounds good... not sure if it will work, because there are a few that I did not get this year that I really want. Got to start somewhere.
Here is one of the ornaments that I received from my friend Joan back in RI...
It is inlaid of 3 different woods....a beautiful cardinal. I miss seeing them here. They are up in the High Country...up the North end of Arizona I am told. I may have to keep this out all year.....
Well, my hunger is starting after telling you about the soups...best get some breakfast before I crumble. Than you for the kind words...thank your for you friendship...have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Cardygirl said...

What a fabulous feast! Have a lovely Christmas...enjoy the cooler spell!

Heather said...

Stop telling me about the soup! You're making me hungry! Love the bird it's so cute.

butterfly said...

Love the wooden bird , Merry Christmas.

Brigitte said...

Stitching from my stash is also my main plan for next year. And stitching some on my UFOs.

Andrea said...

A lovely ornament. Hope you have a very Happy Christmas.

Julie said...

Beautiful little birdie.