Saturday, December 21, 2013

First day of winter

Brr...just opened the garage door to get my newspaper and  it is chilly....only 46 this morning. We get so spoiled here in Arizona. Actually we had rain all night on Thursday and most on and off on Friday. We sure do need the rain. I just finished my last gift and will get it into the mail today...
Isn't it cute? I did make some changes...it is from the 2011 JCS magazine  by SamSarah Designs. I love the pretty flannel I found at Jo Ann's for the backing.  Do you see the pregnant snow-lady? I embellished her belly with "snow" and along the bottom of them. Of course I had to add beads someplace...the eyes. I have never been so late with my gifts to be mailed. I have received some lovely gifts but will wait to post about them. Mr H got his gift already... a new projector....updated model from the 8 year old one. His enjoyment besides gardening is movies. Now he will watch a better picture on the 80 inch wall screen, oh and me too. Love when we have movie night.
I am starting my day with a headache...not good for a Saturday at Jo Ann's work day. I think another cup of coffee and some toast will do the trick. So that is about it for today....glad to have you visit with me. i have some catching up to do with blog reading....as much as I love Christmas hustle and business, I am looking forward to slowing down. Hope you have a great day.

10 comments:

Shirlee said...

Very cute ornament. So sorry you have a headache. I hope it is gone by the time you read this comment : )

Vickie said...

Hope you knocked out the headache Gracie.
I remember that pattern! It is adorable!

gracie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann at Beadlework. said...

The finished ornament is very neat, lovely gift. I hope your headache disappears quickly.

Shelly said...

An 80 inch tv?! Wowweee! We have a 50 in. plasma and I could never go back to smaller! That's a great present for the movie buff. Hope your headache has disappeared by now. Have a nice, smooth day at work!

Annette-California said...

I read your above comment that your headache is gone - thank goodness.
Darling ornament you made and the special touches you added.
Hope you have a great day at work.
love Annette

Fiore said...

Sorry for your headache, hope now it's only a remember.
This ornament is so cute, i have never seen a pregnant snow-lady, nice idea!
I wish you a very special and sweet merry Christmas.
Lovi g you

Brigitte said...

Oh Gracie, this little ornament is just darling. A great pair!
Hope your working day yesterday was without that headache.

Sally said...

Hope your headache went quickly Gracie.

Love your finish! So cute.

Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

Sweet ornament