Thursday, December 19, 2013

Angels, thimble and a glowing sunset

We can't ask for better weather right now. The days are sunny and temps are in the low 70's and it is almost Christmas. I think if I blink twice it will be Christmas, that  is how swiftly the days seem to be passing. I visit6ed with Sweet Jeanne yesterday morning. We sat and laughed more than stitched and had great conversation. She is ready to start another project and I have been trying so hard to get one done. At the rate we were going yesterday, neither  of us is getting too far. I so enjoy my early mornings with her. She had not read the Christmas Spider Legend so I brought her a copy and yes, a spider for her tree. As we sat and talked, she said that she thought I collected thimbles. After a chat about some that I have, she handed me this.
I think my little angel says it all. What a thoughtful lady and look how pretty the mother of pearl inlaid is...almost like a poinsettia! She found it at a sale and thought of me...me. It is now in my thimble display.
I mentioned angels.....when we were Out Wickenburg Way, Mr H picked these for me..

to add to my other Angel...I don't think I ever showed her to you...but I will. These delightful pieces are by Kathleen Ekholm from Arizona. They are called Little Sisters and Sister Angels. I now have 2 angels and one sister.Each is very different from the others but still the same. I will take a picture of the other angel soon.
I am off to work today and the rest of the week...I am so glad you stopped by to visit with me. Thank you for the kind words and of course for your friendship.....I will leave you with last nights glorious sunset.....

9 comments:

Vickie said...

What great gifts from Jean and Dennis. =)
Enjoy your time off Gracie.

tülin said...

Nice!
Marry Christmas.

Heather said...

What a lovely gift from a thoughtful friend. The thimble is so cute. Love your angels as well. Merry Christmas Gracie.

Shirlee said...

A beautiful thimble & a very thoughtful friend : )

Shelly said...

Beautiful thimble and angels, Gracie. That was quite a sunset wasn't it? We had the same thing up here. Enjoy your week off!

Annette-California said...

What a lovely thimble you were gifted. Mr H has very good taste how thoughtful of him to add to your angel collection. Enjoy your time off. Happy Holidays, love Annette

butterfly said...

Love your sister Angels.
Beautiful sunset how lovely.
Blessings for a lovely Christmas.

Julie said...

A lovely thimble you were gifted and such a fabulous sunset.

EvalinaMaria said...

Your Angels are very pretty and the sunset is amazing!
Believe it or not I have not read the Christmas Spider Legend. I just bought a copy for my kindle and will read tonight. Have a lovely Christmas!