Monday, December 16, 2013

A special day

Sunday was a glorious day....the temp was around 70 and the sun bright and warm. We took a ride to Wickenburg to walk about. We knew today would be spent waiting for a chair to be delivered. We found ourselves parked near a small quaint church that was having a celebration...we missed it except for the release of balloons....
They said the rosary then send the balloons off. Then there was music and food. It was just a mall congregation of people but lovely.
I never noticed this church before; it is at the end of the main street. Off we then strolled to visit a few favorite shops
We found some butterflies enjoying a Texas Sage bush...... a great mural on the side of a building.... we sat and ate some ice cream under the shade of a lovely tree, did some shopping of course and Mr H found a lady at the train station. I don't know what her destination was, but Dennis came home with me!
Today is his special day...his birthday. No big plans... I just took the cake out of the oven and will wait to frost it. We may take a ride tonight to see the lights at Glendale and Westgate. Do you think I should cook tonight instead for the birthday guy? No, I don't want to spoil our routine.....I think this year his birthday number is bothering him some. So it is best not to change our ways and bring attention to it. Sounds good, right...?
I have the last of my packages to mail...3 of them, so I will be off as soon as the Post Office opens at 8 AM. Hopefully I will get in and out as I have been lately. I must as now as the laundry, #3 is ready for the dryer and I desperately need a cup of coffee. Glad to have you visit today, thank you for all the kind words and emails..... I treasure your friendship. Have a good day.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

What a lovely outing!
Happy, Happy Birthday Dennis!

Shelly said...

Wickenburg is a nice town. Wishing Mr. H a Happy Birthday! I know, I am too having trouble with the number I'm turning in a month or so. I said it, birthdays are just a number. If Mr. H thinks of it like that, maybe it'll go easier!

Julie said...

Happy birthday wishes to Mr H, I hope he has a wonderful day.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Looks like a lovely day out! And a happy Birthday to your dear husband. I hope he has a glorious day!

Carolyn Nye said...

Grace,

Awww..what a great day out! I love the picture of your husband and the lady at the train station. Happy Birthday to your husband!

Have a wonderful day! I've been working on a pincushion for you..I hope you like it.. :)

Have a great day!