Saturday, December 14, 2013

A village....

Another week that flew past my windows. Why is it that when you want time to get a move on, it seems to stand still? I have just 2 more packages to get in the mail and only one is ready. Stopped for take out last night so Mr H would not have to cook for us....and the sweet guy that he is had my Conair foot bath ready with the wonderful Eucalyptus foot salts just waiting for the hot water....glorious 15 minutes to revive my tired feet. All my family and friends on the East
Coast are preparing for snow and cold...I love the beauty of fresh silent falling snow but I am happy to stay right here in sunny Arizona. How about my village with it's picture of falling snow... this is the only snow I have now. Take a stroll with me.  I set my village atop the fireplace. It is a much smaller one than in years ago. There is the sweet shop to satisfy our enjoyment of pastries. And Santa and children having a picture taken in the gazebo. Free tress from the garden shop. Two sweethearts sharing a kiss in front of the knit shop. I have  little kennel in the back that I did not want to light this year.... this is our first year without a fur-baby...Zoe joined our Sherlock Over Rainbow Bridge last December. You can just see a bit of it...the large tree that is always in the center of it all. I will take another picture so you can see how lovely it is. We found it almost 20 years ago in a wonderful Christmas shop and all the tiny lights still work after all these years.
I received a nice gift yesterday...microwave bowl set. So many ladies were buying fabric to make these and now I won't have to make them. Definitely will be safer than trying to use pot holders when removing something hot from the micro. Guess that will be it for today. I am of course working today. Then a much needed 2 days off. So glad you had some time to spend with me today. I must say thank you for the kind words and for your  friendship. Have a great day.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

I had not seen or heard of the microwave bowl potholders. Neat! A beautiful,little village Gracie. It is snowing a lot today here.

Nataly K said...

Love your village display! The snow has just started falling and I wish I were in Arizona with you
BBBrrrrr!!

EvalinaMaria said...

Your village looks beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Jennifer M. said...

Beautiful village display! I too have the luxury of not having to endure snow. One of the nice things about living in Sunny South Florida, although we haven't gotten much cold weather so far this winter. Hopefully soon. :)

Ellen said...

Beautiful village, love it!

Hugs,

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely village with so many detailed scenes. Very attractive.
We don't have snow at the moment, all of it has melted during the last days. I'm so glad about it, lol.

Minnie said...

Beautiful village. Have a Merry Christmas.

Julie said...

Such a lovely village

Angela P said...

Such a beautiful village!