Thursday, December 12, 2013

Somedays are like this

I think you know what I mean...we all have them. It may be just an off feeling, or could be because you are tired. Or it is a flash of a memory that slipped into your mind. Sometimes there is no reason but it is there. Today is going to be one of those days. It is not that I have no holiday spirit, I do. I loved sorting through my Christmas stuff and then carefully putting here there and on the trees. I have fun packaging and sending this and that and knowing that I have given pleasure somewhere. Love when something, even a card arrives in the mail. What it comes down to is that I can not put my finger on it and I do not like that one bit.  Maybe it is the feeling like I am not getting everything accomplished  that I want to.  We all know that feeling.
Last night was our Community Christmas Open House. Good turnout and nice to see some of the newer neighbors joining in. One of them even hosted. The night was lovely enough to have the doors kept open giving a feeling of really coming and going freely. Refreshments and conversation...what more can you ask for. Where did this year go? Unbelievable to me that the months, weeks and days flew so swiftly. I have started to set some goals for myself in the coming year. I do not make resolutions because they only get lost between here and there. No, just some plans and I think if I write them down, I may follow my thoughts. Are you making resolutions for the New Year?
Here is a picture......OK not the best, but me and the nighttime outdoors picture taking leaves something to think about....The house on the left is our place and on the right our dearest neighbors L & J. The sweetest couple there is. We decorate the common area and they are so appreciative of it. J has Alzheimer's and he so enjoys the lights. This year we hung a bird feeder so they can watch the birds and it warms our hearts that they, he, enjoys the bird antics so much. They are my Christmas spirit this year more than ever. When we first moved to this community, they took us out to dinner to welcome us. Through the years we have become  more connected than the wall between our attached homes.
Well my friends, time for that next cup of coffee and maybe some raisin toasted bread....thanks for visiting with me and for you friendship...hope you have a great day.

10 comments:

Shirlee said...

It truly is a lovely time of year Gracie! The people sound so nice where you live. How thoughtful of you to think of your neighbors by stringing lights & putting up a bird feeder!

Heather said...

Lovely lights Gracie and I know what you mean. I have struggled to get into the christmas spirit this year, but am slowly coming around. New year resolutions are spinning around in my head. Lots of sewing and crafting!

Vickie said...

I am so glad your community is so nice Gracie. Your common area looks so very nice! Everywhere I look out here it is white, white, white!

Vickie said...

I am so glad your community is so nice Gracie. Your common area looks so very nice! Everywhere I look out here it is white, white, white!

Simply Victoria said...

Sounds like a nice evening and some really special next door neighbors.

ginnyt said...

It's nice to have great neighbors; I guess we'll all get into the spirit soon, right?!!!

Annette-California said...

touched my heart reading and seeing your decorated area between you and your neighbors. I think you are feeling the spirit of Christmas Gracie but somehow felling pressed for getting stuff done before Christmas arrives. Maybe make a list and only write down what is first priority and take Christmas back & enjoy each moment and in the moment. I did that and before I knew it our trees where up and I had FUN!!!
love and hugs Annette

Julie said...

Your Christmas lights look so lovely and cheery.

Sally said...

Beautiful lights Gracie. I feel like a child again when I see them.

Brigitte said...

So nice how you prepared the common area of your and your neighbour's house for Christmas. Great that you have such friendly neighbours.
No, I never make resolutions. The only thing I do is plan my stitching year. And it doesn't matter if I can stick to it or not. It's just for the fun of it.